Mid Atlantic DC, MD, VA, DE, NC

This Is Pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 07:39 PM

Originally posted by gc8drifter86
lol its not easy to do a full swap and get a car for 2500. its not nearly as easy as it is to do w/ a civic

You're still talkin dude?

Just kidding

Hey, lets play a game Mid-Atlantic it's called the "Who Can Go The Longest With Out Saying Or Making Reference To A Civic" game.

Rules are:

Can't say Civic or anything that would imply a civic as a vehicle.

You may say Civics, but only in reference to social studies.

No implications, justifications, or references to Honda's rice mobile is allowed

So here goes.

Starting now:

(Conversation Starter)
Boy, Nissan 240sx's rule.

Take Care
-Dave
Old 10-22-2004, 08:15 PM

hahaa my turn

240sx...its a sports car

dude, u can get a 240sx...for $1500...THEN

get a rb20 front clip from rkcarguy for....$1800, thats well..more than 2500..but u get my point

civic - $2000-3000, motor - $2500-$3000(for somethin better than a b18c1 but u cant get a b20 for cheap...

sorry for the reference to civic...

nate
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 PM

OK my turn!

lol
civic - 400 easy.......... motor- 800-1500 easy depending which one i want. i got the hook up hahaha

yea and umm...... so far civic is winning. im not trying to get this car for the fun time but more for learning and to make a small profit on them later. Civics sell better than 240s......... sad but true

Unless i find a 240 for about 500 im not gonna get one i dont think

o and one more thing CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC isnt it amazing how civic backwards is civic lol. and ill go do some FWD drifting hahahaha.

I got my RS for fun (backroads, auto-x, sno-dorifto, rally-x)
Get the civic for learning, and an easy 13 sec car.

also if i somehow dig my self in a ditch with the swap its easier to find somewhere to work on civics than a 240.

o and another thing. if i had a 240 id want full NICE suspension (JIC FLTA-2 or Tein SS) while if i get a civic id just get tein basic (690 compared to 1290)

also w/ the 240 id need more expensive parts to make it the way i wanted it while with the civic itd be cheap easy to find parts to make it the way i want it.

Clean and JDM lol and id try somethin like touge in the civic

wooo i could be like that guy in the red EG in initial d but w/o the hittin ppl lol
Old 10-22-2004, 08:24 PM

o but i love 240s way more than civics hahahaha

my ideal car is a S13 hatch w/ JDM S13 front end Sil-80 style. SR20DET, FMIC, TBE, S15 turbo, G-Speed exhaust manifold, Intake, BOV, Full TEIN or JIC suspension or even silk road. id love silk road suspension. Full Bride interior. lol
Old 10-22-2004, 08:35 PM

OK my turn!

lol
civic - 400 easy.......... motor- 800-1500 easy depending which one i want. i got the hook up hahaha

yea and umm...... so far civic is winning. im not trying to get this car for the fun time but more for learning and to make a small profit on them later. Civics sell better than 240s......... sad but true

Unless i find a 240 for about 500 im not gonna get one i dont think

o and one more thing CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC CIVIC isnt it amazing how civic backwards is civic lol. and ill go do some FWD drifting hahahaha.

I got my RS for fun (backroads, auto-x, sno-dorifto, rally-x)
Get the civic for learning, and an easy 13 sec car.

also if i somehow dig my self in a ditch with the swap its easier to find somewhere to work on civics than a 240.

o and another thing. if i had a 240 id want full NICE suspension (JIC FLTA-2 or Tein SS) while if i get a civic id just get tein basic (690 compared to 1290)

also w/ the 240 id need more expensive parts to make it the way i wanted it while with the civic itd be cheap easy to find parts to make it the way i want it.

Clean and JDM lol and id try somethin like touge in the civic

wooo i could be like that guy in the red EG in initial d but w/o the hittin ppl lol

LOL, I guess I won!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

You guys are too much.

You know, GC, I think you'd love the cars over at www.teamrice.org, they have some really nice Civics and a couple of 240's that float my fancy.

As far as those "more expensive" parts. It's all preference. You could easily spend the same on a 240 as you do on a Civic. It's all a matter of what you want to do. You can't say that you'd spend more because you'd want a top of the line KYB suspension job and then say the Civic would only get a basic Tein job. That's like comparing Apples and Oranges . . .as a matter of fact, comparing the Civic to the 240 is like comparing apples and oranges.
I tell you what, you get your Civic, and you have until May of next year.

Night Majik will be representing Skyline Drive in Shenandoah. If you want to prove that you're all walk and no talk, be there.
Remember, you have until May.

That's my official challenge to you.

But it's strictly business, nothing personal

Take Care,
-Dave

Last edited by USMCDrifter; 10-22-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:48 AM

whats the skyline drive? do i hafta use a civic? hahaha .

and about the suspension, i wouldnt get the civic to be a corner master but id want it to handle well, hence the tein basic

while with a 240 itd be all about drift and auto-x. so id kinda need it

i gotta see ho w much money ill have by january and ill let u no as i get money.

But yea if i can find a 240 for cheap and get a Blacktop SR20 and get basic parts. ill def. get a 240, basic meaning exhaust, FMIC, some sort of suspension.

But if i can get a 240 w/ good miles then ill just keep the ka for a while anddrop a motor much later on after the suspensino has been taken care of
Old 10-23-2004, 08:13 AM

whats the skyline drive? do i hafta use a civic? hahaha .

Do a yahoo search for Shenandoah, VA or Skyline Drive. You'll see pictures.

Or checkout my website . . www.nightmajik.com and click on the Touge Terrors Page.

The mountain passes you see there are all from Skyline Drive.

See You There

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-23-2004, 08:59 AM

so do i hafta use this civic (if i get one) or can i use my RS? if i use my RS and get some new tires which i prolly will by then we'll see how i do. it sounds like fun. Are we competing or is it for fun?

Im down for fun but its up to you

Now IF the civic is ready (motor, suspension, bolt ons) I might use that depending on how comfortable i am w/ it.

Same goes with IF i get a 240 instead but w/o the sr20 i dont no if ill do a swap right away
Old 10-23-2004, 09:01 AM

o yea and whats DTM exhaust? is that just a universal muffler that looks like its supposed to be on a BMW or something? all angled up and theres 2 outlet pipes?

o and why the nose heavy car w/ the RB25? u dont need all that power for drifting.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:34 PM

Nah, you can use whatever bro, it's just gonna be for fun. My teammate, Bobby, offered to be a tag along just to keep things official. And we'll set up a start and finish and set up my team evenly througout the course. If you want to bring your friends/team along then you are more than welcome . . . you know, just to keep things fair.

The rb25 is a future "plan". I don't know if I'm actually going to inact it. If I get this KADE for free then I'll make myself a KAT engine or, if I get my hands on this SR20 red that I'm eyeballing then that's going in. Likewise, there's a dude with a VG30DETT that I want, but he's asking for quite a bit, but it's all good. The exhaust is just a universal muffler that resembles a Bimmer muffler, like the one on Bobby's car. But he's rocking the mega money

Don't worry, like I said, we have until May dude, that's plenty of time to get rolling right.

Just bring your A-Game.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-23-2004, 08:36 PM

dude, yes i will/should have the license by then i will be in this lil race/fun run.

well my thinkin.....for USMC - kad24det...screw sr's.

cause heres my plan...

ka24de(instead of POS ka24e), ABS driveshaft with J30 lsd, then for suspension....kyb agx's with tein springs and adjustable camber plates(or whatever they are called) then some minor motor work.....to start out with then like some cool JDM stuff, haha

later dudes
nate
Old 10-24-2004, 07:40 AM

tein springs arent good for hard driving. they are too soft.

I was gonna get them on my RS until i found out how low of a spring rate they have.

lol i like ur quote shift_drift and i agree but i dont really consider a stock USDM 240sx a "sports car" they arent fast and just dont fall under that category unless its got a few lil items on it.

Hmm...... and doing "aggresive driving" in a national park isnt that smart either. you know they normally have absolutely no security lol. all up and down it there are unmarked poilice constantly patrolling

O well im up for anything once. but VA is kinda far. especially to drive in a bucket o bolts (civic) lol
Old 10-24-2004, 09:56 AM

hahah yea i know what u mean with the sig, but hey its a 240sx forum....

well on the topic of springs, what would be good for daily hard driving? i havent learned a lot about spring rates for cars, i only kno rc cars, hahaha

well if u guys want a good place to do "aggressive driving" i have the perfect place, its i think 12 miles of complete tougeness, haha

it starts 13-14 miles from the entrance to Quantico, soo no MP's and theres rarely more than a couple cars driiving on it during the day, and theres some good hills, tight turns, perfect for this kind of driving.

later dudes
nate
Old 10-24-2004, 01:05 PM

Originally posted by shift_drift
hahah yea i know what u mean with the sig, but hey its a 240sx forum....

well on the topic of springs, what would be good for daily hard driving? i havent learned a lot about spring rates for cars, i only kno rc cars, hahaha

well if u guys want a good place to do "aggressive driving" i have the perfect place, its i think 12 miles of complete tougeness, haha

it starts 13-14 miles from the entrance to Quantico, soo no MP's and theres rarely more than a couple cars driiving on it during the day, and theres some good hills, tight turns, perfect for this kind of driving.

later dudes
nate

I think I might know the AREA you're talking about, not the exact place, but the area. LMAO, speaking of which, I was going to Quantico several months ago, and taking the ramp towards MCB Quantico I hit it pretty hard. LOL, I came down and drove a little ways to get to the front gates and the MP's we're like, did you see where those noises came from, LMAO. I'm like yeah, I think I say a Civic dickin around out in town. LMAO!!!!! And he believed me, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! ahhhhhh **** Civics, **** em all.

Take care,
-Dave
Old 10-24-2004, 06:22 PM

im the most pissed off guy...

the guy i was buyin the 240sx from pm'ed me back and says its SOLD, NOT TO ME, i pm'ed him back and said dude, i called u by the deadline to say its sold, and told him i was going to send the deposit tuesday(navy federal is closed mondays)

this really pisses me off, the car was mine, and he sold it rite out from under me, thats the lowest thign to do

now....im back in the looking phase, which really pisses me off

later dudes, im about ot go running and do somethin that will take my anger out

nate