NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

9000rpm ka24de?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 08:40 PM

thanks for that link yarou, that was sick. high reving na ka set up would be more suitable for what i want to achieve with my car. i want to have a high reving na engine so i can enter and exit corners at higher rpm. i dont know much about engines or building them but from driving my s13, that is exactly what i want.

no i did not have a honda, i had a 88 toyota supra turbo. it was written off and i bought my 240sx after that. i prefer this car over any other cars ive owned and destroyed so i want to get it perfect.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by slipperypanda
thanks for that link yarou, that was sick. high reving na ka set up would be more suitable for what i want to achieve with my car. i want to have a high reving na engine so i can enter and exit corners at higher rpm. i dont know much about engines or building them but from driving my s13, that is exactly what i want.

no i did not have a honda, i had a 88 toyota supra turbo. it was written off and i bought my 240sx after that. i prefer this car over any other cars ive owned and destroyed so i want to get it perfect.
i see a problem here.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
2 words

So What?

The KA is a great motor, especially once built correctly. Lots of displacement for such a small motor and great amounts of torque.

Remember, Carroll Shelby said it himself "Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races."

-Stig
I was not in any way bashing the ka by calling it a truck motor. I really wanted a ka-t before mine blew up. I was saying it is a truck motor, therefore not built to be revved high. It is much better suited for a low revving tourque monster.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

Have you guys taken a look at my link? A good build with that new fully counterweighted crank would yield some really nice NA power with much higher rev possibilities because the new crank gets rid of the bad harmonics after 5500rpm. Vinnie posted a lot of good information in my link, along with this nice read

http://www.circletrack.com/techartic...ft_technology/
Old 07-25-2007, 12:20 PM

i was wondering if it was possible to make a ka24de rev at 9000rpm and be still reliable. what would it take to make a ka rev very high with good high end torque?
Anything is possible but you have to ask yourself if it is worthwhile. You shouldn't build a motor based on its weaknesses. Build the KA on its strengths. Large displacement with gobs of torque. A simple garage turbo build will easily yield more useable power than the motor you are talking about and at only a fraction of the cost. I shudder to think of what it would cost to build a 9000rpm KA.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:20 PM

when i got my s13 after my supra, i originally got it because i wanted to do an rb swap in it. i loved the torquey 7mgte in my previous car. too bad it was too heavy to handle perfect in tight low speed corners. i wanted my s13 to be a like a light car with a beast engine. but my plan changed after i realized that i underestimated the ka. i noticed that if i could rev the stock engine higher, i could take lines i could never imagined before. NA engines have much better throttle response and more predictable when the rear tires break loose. i also drove my friends 89 JDM 180sx and i realized i would never be able to take the same race line i could in a NA ka24de. also for those who are from southern areas, na engines are much better for rain and snow then turbocharged engines (learned that the hard way, thats why my supra is gone). i live in canada and i do downhill runs even in the rain thanks to the weather up here. race lines in the rain are more intense and most of the time hillbilly racers cant handle it.

so wat im saying is that i already decided to spend 90% of what i make on to this car before i even bought it. so the cost of making my ideal car does not bother me. i would have probably spent more on a rb project.

jramosthe1st, i dont see any problems. instead of going to tech school like my friends, i worked full time at a restaurant for three years. every dime (remaining few dollars after rent) i earned went to my cars. mostly gas then parts. i have a theory that instead of modding your car to go faster, spend that money on gas and learn how to drive your stock car. ive put more than 60000kms on my s13 in 5 months and in my supra i put 120000kms in less then a year.

perhaps people who are looking down on the ka never took their time to enjoy their stock cars. people who read megazines and buy drift dvds instead of putting that money into gas and tires will obviously think the sr is an upgrade, when in reality its a step down. but thats just my own opinion and i probably have diffrent goals for my car so no need to hate. i just want help getting my car perfect so i can become a better driver. after all, we are all here to learn how to go fast right?
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 PM

when i got my s13 after my supra, i originally got it because i wanted to do an rb swap in it. i loved the torquey 7mgte in my previous car. too bad it was too heavy to handle perfect in tight low speed corners. i wanted my s13 to be a like a light car with a beast engine. but my plan changed after i realized that i underestimated the ka. i noticed that if i could rev the stock engine higher, i could take lines i could never imagined before. NA engines have much better throttle response and more predictable when the rear tires break loose. i also drove my friends 89 JDM 180sx and i realized i would never be able to take the same race line i could in a NA ka24de. also for those who are from southern areas, na engines are much better for rain and snow then turbocharged engines (learned that the hard way, thats why my supra is gone). i live in canada and i do downhill runs even in the rain thanks to the weather up here. race lines in the rain are more intense and most of the time hillbilly racers cant handle it.

so wat im saying is that i already decided to spend 90% of what i make on to this car before i even bought it. so the cost of making my ideal car does not bother me. i would have probably spent more on a rb project.

jramosthe1st, i dont see any problems. instead of going to tech school like my friends, i worked full time at a restaurant for three years. every dime (remaining few dollars after rent) i earned went to my cars. mostly gas then parts. i have a theory that instead of modding your car to go faster, spend that money on gas and learn how to drive your stock car. ive put more than 60000kms on my s13 in 5 months and in my supra i put 120000kms in less then a year.

perhaps people who are looking down on the ka never took their time to enjoy their stock cars. people who read megazines and buy drift dvds instead of putting that money into gas and tires will obviously think the sr is an upgrade, when in reality its a step down. but thats just my own opinion and i probably have diffrent goals for my car so no need to hate. i just want help getting my car perfect so i can become a better driver. after all, we are all here to learn how to go fast right?
I don't think anyone was downplaying the KA, I know I wasn't anyway. Hey that rhymes.

What I WILL downplay, and everyone saw this coming, is the fact that you're talking about downhill racing, which only brings one thing to mind.

Maybe you can clarify this before I continue, so if it's something that I don't quite know about yet, then let me know, otherwise, it sounds as if you're referring to racing in the mountains which is far more dangerous than it sounds.

You really shouldn't race/drift on public roads, if you do race/drift on public roads, I wouldn't go around posting about it. This isn't a tongue lashing, this is more of a person telling another person about the bad ideas that they keep acting upon. And then you mention it like it's cool . . . .*sigh*

I'm going . . .

-Stig
Old 07-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

track only ftw
Old 07-25-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
track only ftw
Hey, do you still do that thing with your tongue while throwing up the shocker while you're in 1st place?

-Stig
Old 07-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Contributing Member

well........at least i tried to help.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:26 PM

and you do well . . . .you're otay . . .^_^

-Stig
Old 07-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Hey, do you still do that thing with your tongue while throwing up the shocker while you're in 1st place?

-Stig
maybe...
Old 07-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

revs are over rated lol.. just my opinion we ( nissan) don't need em.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:03 PM

i do participate in autox and just recently experienced my first drift event. sorry to say that does not cut it for me. its a great way to practice your skills in a safe enviroment but i dont like waiting for my turn to go. plus the closest track worth going to is more than a day drive away. i understand safety is first, but i consider myself responsible enough to do what i do. i also dont put others in danger. i only run by myself and i havent seen any other cars on this course for about 3 weeks. its just too bad i dont have the luxury of a track near me.

i dont want to make this into a diffrent conversation. things people say are not going to stop me from what i do. thanks for the advice, i appriciate your concerns for my safety.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Contributing Member

well when u kill an innocent family maybe you will then understand but untill then besafe and good luck

Quick Reply: 9000rpm ka24de?