NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 03:19 AM

Red face car wont start

hey guys..i live in jersey and i took a trip to the bronx to visit family..now the drive isnt too far its only about 45 min...the entire day before the car was doing just fine...when i got to the bronx and when i was about ready to leave...i noticed that when i started the car it was stalling a bit but it still turned on...then i made a quik stop in manhattan to drop my gurl off and when i started the car it stalled a lil longer before it started...once i got home and parked the car i decided to tun off the car and start it again..only this time the car wouldnt start at all..now it didnt even make any noise at all..no sound as if it was trying to turn on and no clicking noise just pure silence...i tried to jump start it and nothing but pure silence...does ne1 have ne idea what it mite b
Old 07-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Could be a bad alternator...does it even TRY to turn over, or what? Do you hear the fuel lines engage? Does all the electrical work?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:00 AM

have a friend turn your key while you tap on the starter with a hammer or something... and if that starts the car while doing that trick.. then your start is going or is dead already.

do the starter thing and let me know.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:09 PM

well last nite when it first happened all the electricals were working but now nuttin works...the headlights still work but they dont flip up but now the dash nor the windows or radio works..ill try that starter trick and let u kno...n when u turn the key nuttin happens nuttin tries to turn over or nethin..its jus like when u turn the key to engine..
Old 07-09-2005, 12:17 PM

well last nite when it first happened all the electricals were working but now nuttin works...the headlights still work but they dont flip up but now the dash nor the windows or radio works..ill try that starter trick and let u kno...n when u turn the key nuttin happens nuttin tries to turn over or nethin..its jus like when u turn the key to engine..
Old 07-09-2005, 03:37 PM

ummm if your not getting any lights now on the dashboard.. then its a dead battery and if the headlights are still working but are not flipping up then not enought juice from the battery is not flipping them up.

you said you jump the battery before right and still nothing???

then have the alernator checked, take that out and have auto-zone test it that and have them test the battery.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:33 PM

well i went to test the battery and it said good battery..then the guy looked inside the battery and said that it was dryand it mite be the reason y...so i said f it and bought a new battery....connected the new battery and came out with the same results...so the only other thing i can think of is the alternator
Old 07-10-2005, 12:19 AM
Contributing Member

the alternator wont stop the engine from starting... was the car fine before you did this to it?
Old 07-10-2005, 10:25 AM

does your car even crank over??? does it crank over but just wont start???

need more info..

auto or 5spd???

hahaha LA_phatom_240, what the hell is up with this.... Originally posted by donteventry
The SR is like the fart can all you do is put it in, fit it up, get it running and now you can say that you have a "jdm tyte" motor in your car, just like a fart can, its an easy install and you dont gain that much from it.

hahahahahahahaha i don't know why but that was pretty funny when I read that.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Contributing Member

we were posting in a thread about ka-t, and some dude came in and started dissing on the ka saying the sr was better, and that you cant pull more than 300 horses out of the ka without building the bottom end...

Lol he got owned so bad
Old 07-10-2005, 11:13 AM

hahhaah donteventry is his user name.... hahaha i wish i could of been on the forum to see that post.. i would torn him a new one. hahaa i always do on the newbies
Old 07-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

hes not a noob, hes just ign'ant
Old 07-10-2005, 11:26 AM

hahhhaahaha that's ignant!!!!! micheal jackson.... that's soooo ignant.. hahaa
Old 07-11-2005, 05:29 PM

the car doesnt crank over it doesnt do nething..it was working fine on my way to the bronx..it was wen i was leavin that it started and once i got home it wudnt start..its a 5spd ka de..n like i sed i put in a new battery and nuttin and i havent yet checked the alternator imma do that tomrro and check the starter as well
Old 07-13-2005, 09:20 AM

ohhh and it doesn't even crank over!!!!!!!

its 5spd then what you need to do is... i had this same problem... it was my clutch pedal switch thats behind the clutch pedal.... check that.. its probably off aligment.. mine was till i fixed it and then problems went away for me.

Quick Reply: car wont start