NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

i need help on how to removie emisons control system

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 02:09 PM

i need help on how to removie emisons control system

i need help on how to remove my 1992 ka emisons
Old 08-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Contributing Member

what all are you trying to remove??? the pair valve is easy enough the egr is pretty simple as well... if you have the motor out of the car... depends on what you want to remove... give us details and we might be able to help you out...
Old 08-03-2005, 07:44 AM

EMISONS

I WANT TO REMOVE THE EGR, AIR INJECTION, AND EVAPRATIVE EMISONS AND THE MOTOR IS IN THE CAR AND WHEN I SAY REMOVE I MEAN ENTIRE SYSTEM
Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 AM

Great another guy removing all the emissions just so the engine runs rich..........
GREAT....... I mean that sarcastically.......
You need to reprogeram your ECU to run with out the smog emissions first, other than that you are just guzzling gas........
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 AM

hhhhhaaaaaaa

no way you dont say dats som funny **** cuz i all ready have a stand alone but i dont want emissions ..... just cuz i dident say that you automaticly asume **** ima go turbo **** N/A
Old 08-04-2005, 06:01 PM

huh?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:23 PM

Re: hhhhhaaaaaaa

Originally posted by 1VIAMAN
no way you dont say dats som funny **** cuz i all ready have a stand alone but i dont want emissions ..... just cuz i dident say that you automaticly asume **** ima go turbo **** N/A
Well if you have a stand alone than why are you asking people how to remove the smog emissions. You unbolt all the stuff, and program around it.
As far as the Nissan ECU is concerned when you start ripping out the smog emissions and it's sensors the ECU naturally runs the engine rich weither it's F/I or N/A, it's not a Honda.....
As far as F/I or N/A..... WTF, did that have to do with anything?????
Old 08-05-2005, 06:48 AM

Hey Vin.. my question is specifically to EGR and it's removal... When you remove it you are just decreasing the temperature of the intake, right? Much the same as say.. a CAI also lowers the temp of the intake. But you just reset the ecu and it compensates to some degree for the cooler mass of air. Does not the ecu do the same if you reset it after removing EGR?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by thekage
Hey Vin.. my question is specifically to EGR and it's removal... When you remove it you are just decreasing the temperature of the intake, right? Much the same as say.. a CAI also lowers the temp of the intake. But you just reset the ecu and it compensates to some degree for the cooler mass of air. Does not the ecu do the same if you reset it after removing EGR?
There is a device that runs the vacuum to the EGR, it's called the EGR control valve solinoid. The EGR has to have vacuum too that device or else the engine will throw a code 32 for EGR function. That is why EGR block of was designed. The temp sensor isnt even used in the intake mani and does not control the atmosphere in the intake mani from what I understand. It helps regulate the temp within the egr line, and assembly, if itgets to hot it will open. Removal of this device will throw a code 35 and have you running rich.......
You can never reset the ecu to think that it wont calculate the EGR, it is programmed in the rom of the ECU to calculate that function. If you want to run the engine with no smog equipment, it needs to be reprogrammed, or a standalone, or you need to use a piggy back to adjust the TTP, and the fuel dump from being to rich.........
Hopefully that is understood.....