NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

im full of problems help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:52 PM

im full of problems help please

i put a set of electric fans from an altima in my car today and after wireing everything and putting everything back togeather i turned it on and i got a check engine light one and i have a noise from the front top of my engine not sure what the noise is but its nerve racking and i dont really want to run it any more then i have to cause i dont want to f up the engine, what the hell should i do i know i have to get a comp to read the code but i cant get anywhere till tomarrrow morning when i removed the stock fan i replace the bolts and put washers in the fans place the washers are all the same size and shape and weight so that they are even but im not sure if it would be from that, the pully doesnt have any play in it that i can see idk im lost help please
Old 07-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

you can check for codes with the diagnostics mode on your ECU. use the FSM as a reference on the code #'s
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Contributing Member

The FSM is a factory dervice manual.
The ecu should be located in the front passenger side kick plate (a plastic cover under and to the right of the glove box) remove the cover and you will see the ecu. there is a bolt or 2 holding it in place so remove the bolts. If the ecu is not there then its behind your stereo. look on the side oposite of where the wire harness connects to the ecu and you will see the diagnostics screw and a red light (the light is in a little square opening next to the screw. Turn your ignition to the on position (do not start the car) then, on the ecu turn the screw fully clockwise then wait 2 seconds and turn the screw back fully counter clockwise. then watch the red light on the ecu and count the flashes. (explanation: when the light flashes once and then pauses then flashes twice that meens 12, if it flashes 3 times then pauses then flashes 2 times thats telling you code 32) each code will flash 3 times then it will go to the next code and flash that code 3 times and so on. I hope you understand what I mean. Just write down the codes it flashes you and then check your factory service manual for the definitions of each code the ecu flashes. If you dont have a FSM go get a chilton's or haines book for your car to check code definitions. If you have any problems pm me back.