NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Indavidual Throttle Bodies????

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 03:49 PM

Indavidual Throttle Bodies????

any one about these??? i want to build a n/a KADE and i no that it is a comon mod on the hachi for n/a build ups and i sould like more info!!!

also, anyone got some links to help me with my N/A build up???(i no i can search but if ur posting anyway i jsut ask that u take an etra 2 sec. and gimme a link or 2 hehehe)
Old 03-06-2004, 07:13 PM

Individual tb's? The 240 only has one and never heard of it having more than one. If you are talkin about a tb for each cylinder, that would be completly unneccessary. One does the job well. You could go and get it bored bigger and then port your intake to match the bigger tb. Plus, the KA has a fuel injector for each cylinder, which would not work very well with multiple tb's.
Old 03-07-2004, 02:50 PM

i dont know what tommyboy was talking about but you can do individual tb on a ka24de i say it once but i forget the link i will try and find it agian for you. and i dont know why you said that you cant do it because there is injectors in each cylinder because the ae86 has the same thing and they do it all the time.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:19 AM

yeah i disregarded his post lol (no offence though) and i would like to thank u evil for or efforts!!

also interested in any help i can get for cheap n/a power mods!!
Old 03-10-2004, 12:26 AM

dude what's up... just thought i'd say hi since you're from WI and so am I.

As to the throttle body question; there's no point for you to do anything with the tb because you haven't done any serious mods (i'm guessing because you want to know what cheap mods you can find) and the stock tb is relativly large. you can put full exhaust and intake on your car and it still won't become your pinch point.

As for cheap power mods, if you don't have to go through emessions then rip off every emessions part on your car, otherwise start with cat-back exhaust, intake, header, then move on to the more serious stuff that costs more money, then 2 years down the road when you've done everything else: change out your tb
Old 03-10-2004, 08:52 AM

i no its not cheap and i am not looking for cheap, i am looking for information sbecause i want to do it after i get better mods, i am not looking to do it anytime soon but if i end up doing an n/a set up i want individual throttle bodies somewhere down the line after the internals.

i have intake and exhaust already, and i was plannning on getting headers. but my plans have changed so i am nolonger gunna build up n/a but some day i would like to have a n/a car with indiv. throttle bodies!!!

o, and hey, whats up?
hit me up on aim: Drvninsanity or msn: Driftin240sx@hotmail.com sometime!!! it cool to see more and more peeps from WI!!
Old 03-11-2004, 03:06 PM

someone want to explain to me what the benefit of having individual throttle bodies would do on a KA? arent they going to be a pain to tune?
Old 03-13-2004, 03:50 PM

yes it can be done. the biggest problem (most $$) is managment. MAF sensor wont work with an ITB setup so standalone might be needed. there was a lot of talk over at NICO about this, TWM is one company that could get u a manifold and TB"s, but its a 2800 dollar setup, without fuel management.

btw itb benefits: throttle response, due to extremely short intake path. also, velocity stacks also can yield some performance...

-Enzo
Old 03-13-2004, 08:10 PM

whats all included for the $2800?? cause i wouls probably already have a standalone or some thing and fuel mods, this would be one of my last mods if i ever do it lol and i would also have a MAP conversion mostlikly
Old 03-14-2004, 08:38 AM

iirc 2800 is just manifols, TB's, linkage, maybe some air horns. no fuel stuff, and no mangement. really nice stuff tho. i think deviousKA or someone on Nico is fabbing an ITB setup w/ four junkyard tb's. he;s going to run megasquirt for managment. i would look into it but im not ready for standalone and have a lot more to go b4 i touch that shyt....
-Enzo

if u want links i can try to find them. its in the NA KA forum. . .