NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

ka18de help

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Contributing Member

ka18de help

okay, im running on 3 cylinders, and it was cyl. no 1 that wasnt working, as i could pull the spark plug wire and no change. so i listen to injectors, all were clicking. so i pull the spark plug of cyl. 1, and its got oil on the electrode. a little searching and it says that this could be from a stuck closed injector as the vaccuum can make oil come past the rings.. so i pull injector, and clean it, and the lower o'ring is damaged. (oh, i already replaced upper o-rings. ) so i replace that.. what do you guys think could cause oil on electrode... i jsut dont want it to be headgasket or rings...
Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 AM

Man

You should start with dropping in a new spark plug and see if it makes fire

Then do a compression check

Injectors won't cause oil in the cylinder, they cause fuel in the cylinder...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

yea, i know. lower injector o-ring was wrong size, causing gas to flood cyl. no. 1. so with a new o-ring, hopefully it will work... fauk. imma be late for school.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:29 PM

if an injector is plugged there is nothing to burn due to no fuel in the cyld but this is not common from what ive seen. sounds like bad rings or valve guides. do a compression test and a leak down test that will help.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Contributing Member

im seriously thinking it was the lower injector o-ring, as there was enough gas in cyl. no. 1 to syphon it out... yea...
Old 10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Contributing Member

haha, okay, without that o-ring, engine got like a cylinder full of gas in cyl 1, and it seeped down into the oil, so even after replacing oring, spark plugs, plug wires, and all that fun stuff, still wouldnt run right, so i checked my oil, it reeked of gas, drained that ****, and it was about as thin as water. and very flamable. new oil and filter in that piggy, and started right up.