NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

pdm tri flow cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

pdm tri flow cam

so i want to buy the street version of their cam. but i don't know what to expect as as far as gain and any compromises. so if anyone has had any experiences with the tri flow cams i'd like to hear from you.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

helloooooooooooooooooooooooo, anyone home?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM

What is the lift and duration of the cam?
Old 10-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Contributing Member

i asked don at pdm that but he didn't give me the details. it would have to be close to their c.406 cam

c.406
Intake 260 degrees duration, .424 valve lift, Exhaust 268 degrees duration, .441 valve lift

i'm not looking for huge gains if i could get 10hp-15hp from this cam i'd be very happy. i read somewhere that the c.411.h will yield gain of +20hp but it would require a number of things for it to work and i don't feel like going through all that trouble.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
i asked don at pdm that but he didn't give me the details. it would have to be close to their c.406 cam

c.406
Intake 260 degrees duration, .424 valve lift, Exhaust 268 degrees duration, .441 valve lift

i'm not looking for huge gains if i could get 10hp-15hp from this cam i'd be very happy. i read somewhere that the c.411.h will yield gain of +20hp but it would require a number of things for it to work and i don't feel like going through all that trouble.
That seems as if it is a full rev range cam you should see more power in the midrange, than in high rev range.. I remember when Gabez made a cam with a 272 duration, and .24 lift for the SOHC. The 272 is much more of a high rever that made notable gains. In fact Gabes cam specs were almost identical to that of the crower cam specs used on the old NAPSZ engines, also using a 272 duration with a slightly different lift, I had an actual crower cam spec that I grinded down for myself.
Any way back to the point.... You should have fun with cam,if you are possibly getting that cam, it will also make a little more power once you have dialed in the SAFC.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
That seems as if it is a full rev range cam you should see more power in the midrange, than in high rev range.. I remember when Gabez made a cam with a 272 duration, and .24 lift for the SOHC. The 272 is much more of a high rever that made notable gains. In fact Gabes cam specs were almost identical to that of the crower cam specs used on the old NAPSZ engines, also using a 272 duration with a slightly different lift, I had an actual crower cam spec that I grinded down for myself.
Any way back to the point.... You should have fun with cam,if you are possibly getting that cam, it will also make a little more power once you have dialed in the SAFC.
i've been wanting to get a cam for sooooo long that i might just get it even if the gains aren't what i'd like as long as i get that performance cam idle. not the loopy one but the muscle car sounding one.

the safc is gone. i finally got it wired right but i don't know enough about it to play with it and risk damaging my engine or ecu.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
i've been wanting to get a cam for sooooo long that i might just get it even if the gains aren't what i'd like as long as i get that performance cam idle. not the loopy one but the muscle car sounding one.

the safc is gone. i finally got it wired right but i don't know enough about it to play with it and risk damaging my engine or ecu.

Chances are the SAFC won't danage your ecu, it only allows values within 50%, your engine on the other hand is different. If you are NA and running a stock ecu tune chances are you won't damage anything important as long as you are +-10%, but you should tune according using a wideband O2 to get the A/Fr's set correctly.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Contributing Member

the problem i had was that i couldn't find anything definitive about the setting and what not. i wasn't really thrilled about finding out what did what through trial and error. i might have to buy another safc later but this time i'll make sure it comes with instructions. if it wasn't for the info here i would have never known that it needed to be set to 6in out.

but back to the cam. i'll have to buy it or i'll be thinking about it later and be wishing i had bought it then.