NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

KL-DE (Probe GT) Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 03:00 AM

KL-DE (Probe GT) Help

I have a '93 Probe GT, 2.5 V6/5spd, and I can not get it started after it died on me on the highway. Everything is brand new on it, distributor, battery, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, starter, exhaust, etc... but after all of that was replaced, about two weeks later, it died on the highway cruising around 75mph. The fuel pump would not turn on with the key so I figured that went, but when I disconnected the ground from the starter, the fuel pump would prime itself as usual and when I reconnected the ground it would cut back off. I ran another ground from that ground on the starter and connected it to the engine block and now the pump works in sync with the rest of the engine componets. But the engine still wont turn over, even with starting fluid sprayed in the throttle body. So it has to be some type of ignition problem but with all of the brandnew componets, that were working before the car died, I have no clue what to do. The only item I can think of dealing with ignition that I have not replaced would be the ignition coil itself. Should I replace that also? I already know Im never going to get nearly as much money back as I have put into it so I at least need to get the car drivable for myself.

And I know some of you are laughing because its a Probe, but honestly, (when running well haha), it would give my 240 a run for its money anyday.

Thanks for the help as always.
tClarke