NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

manitenence schedual question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 05:13 PM

manitenence schedual question

My car has recently passed the 150k mark and I was wondering if it was about time to do my water pump. Since I am the second owner of my car and unfortunately I did not receive the owners manual with it I decided to go out and purchase a Chiltons manual. Unfortunately that manual does not have a maintenance schedule that states the mileage at which to replace the pump, I am assuming like most other cars I have had, that it is supposed to be done every 30k.

Since I will be doing that I figure I should do other maintenance type things that need to be done, I have already replaced the brakes, and spark plugs, tranny oil, eng oil, what else should I be thinking about? maybe timing tensioner?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 PM
Contributing Member

you could do differential fluid, supposed to be like every 2 years depending on how hard you drive...i wouldnt change the water pump until its broken..but hey if you got the money why not!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:33 PM

Originally posted by motegineon
you could do differential fluid, supposed to be like every 2 years depending on how hard you drive...i wouldnt change the water pump until its broken..but hey if you got the money why not!
I already did the diff fluid just a little while back, I should have mentioned that, new belts too........

I thought the water pump was one of those things that you wanted to do BEFORE it eats itself (kinda because major damage can ensue if you don't catch it right away).
Old 09-20-2006, 10:06 PM
Contributing Member

thats only if you let it overheat >warped head and/or block