NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Msd 6al?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:40 PM

Msd 6al?????

got a brandnew MSD 6AL ign box sitting in the room and an 89 coupe KA24E sitting in the driveway i think im gonna try n put it on just wondering if anyone has atempted this before me n if there is any info i should know or any pointers id appreciate the help
Old 08-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Contributing Member

Dont worry it's a simple install if you got the blaster ss coil to go with it. It took me 15 - 20 minutes to install mine, so dont worry.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:31 AM

awsome well i somehow lost my instructions is there anyway u could do a quick write up on it for me man??
Old 08-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Contributing Member

http://www.**********/faq/index.html is where these instructions come from. they are under Ignition Systems(High powered ).
The wires /terminals you need to cut will be found underneath the stock coil wrapped in heavy electrical tape.Take/cut the two wires that originally went to the coil make sure you leave some wire sticking out of the coil still, like an inch or so ( green/negative and black or sometimes red/positive ), connect the negative ( green ) to the white wire from the box, connect the positive ( red or black ) to the THIN red wire ( not the one for the 12v source ) from the box. Now you you're done with that side, now turn to the coil where you left some wire still sticking out ( I hope , hehe ). Take the orange wire from the box and connect it to the positive terminal ( the black or sometimes red wire, where you just cut to connect the red wire from the box ) of the coil. Take the thin black wire and connect it to the negative terminal ( the green wire, where you just cut to connect the white wire from the box ) of the coil.

The THICK red and blackwires are the 12v source. Just connect the thick red wire to the battery and the thick black to any good source of ground. Basically what you're doing is putting the box in between the wire you just cut going to the coil.

Now for the Tach adaptor, you need to to tap this on the original green and black (or sometimes red ) wires, the ones you cut to connect the thin red and white wire, remember?. You need to connect the adaptor wire at the white/green and red/black (or red) connectoin side before the box, not the wires from the box to the coil. It does'nt matter which wire goes to which from the adaptor.