NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

NA Parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:33 PM

NA Parts?

I think im going to save my money on internals for my stock ka24e and rebuild it next year. Im wondering what I can do/get to add some ponies. I know i can get cams, but i have no idea on who makes performance pistons, rods, and what else?..... I cant think right now. oh and can i bore anything under there? and lets say Ive got mmm $2k. (Im NOT going sr)
I still want it to be street legal, and there isnt anything on exhaust gas restrictions where i live.
Links and prices help alot!
Thanks!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:36 AM

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com
Old 03-25-2005, 03:37 AM

http://www.ka24de.com
Old 03-25-2005, 06:10 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nms/s13/s13_1.html is a start...
http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm not faster but helps with handeling...
http://www.advancedclutch.com/Produc...26&Submit.y=10 if you have a standard trans...
a few things to get started...
Old 03-25-2005, 08:53 PM

^Is the first link for replacement or performance parts? And when it says for race only, does that mean its not street legal, or what?
Thanks guys!
Old 03-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Contributing Member

the courtesy nissan oarts are for performance parts directly from nissan motorsports... some are nismo some are shelf nissan parts... they are listed as race only beccause of the extra length and require custom pistons... which require extra machining work... they also mod the compression ratio and that means in some states it could be illegal for street use...
Old 03-26-2005, 10:40 AM

In this thread we talk about the KA internal build up, and engine management. The builds that we are discussing are for KA N/A builds over 240CHP. Read this and get all the info you need.
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=19485
Old 03-26-2005, 01:49 PM

Thanks a million!!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 03:10 PM

If you want more rev and more power for mods, I would do a frankenstien DOHC headswap for you SOHC. It's real easy to do once everything is open for the rebuild. You can use your SOHC ecu and distributor also, as long as it is the 91-94 DE head. This will bump yourcompression to 10.7:1 on the 90 pistons with a .040 bore. Great for using 91 octane.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 03-26-2005 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:27 PM

So in order to do this ill have to bore it .040 (mm?) more and get 90mm pistons? Im all new to this, so pardon my dumbness. So the head would fit right on there? dont need to fab of modify anything? aaand would I need to use 91 octane all the time? I plan on doing mostly autocross, some drift if i can and a few drags.-daily driver of course too.

oh and if i cant do this for whatever reason, cant i bore/port (whats the difference?) the exhaust? But you gotta get bigger exhaust valves and where you get those? What else can I bore or P&P? I know I can get a cam, some pistons and rods, and possibly modify the crankshaft. And you know I im going to ask what else can I do.(Or would that be a good start?) I read through most of the why Ka post, but most of its for the de And some of the stuff is out of my understanding world.Wow. I'd like to know how many ??????????? youve answered. How do you guys know so much lol
Thanks Alot Man. I appreciate it. Im going to save your posts in a folder called "NA KA class" lol

Last edited by SoloDefcon; 03-26-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:54 PM

^^Forget the ????s, i got most of it figured out except for what ill need to P&P and Bore. OK, I think im going to stay SOHC because its what ive got and not many people tune the sohc. Ive done some research (finally finished the why ka thread) so now im a little informed... I think. Is porting when you remove weight and restricive metal, and is boreing just making whatever wider? OK heres what I think ill be going for internals wise.
From HybridKA-All for ka24e, basically the whole list on the site
KA24E Stage 1 GB4 cam
Solid Adjustable Lifter Conversion
Full Piston/Ring Set .040" overbore
Do I need the Main and rod bearings, along with piston pin bushings?
Full Timing Chain Kit
Head Bolt Set
Full Gasket Kit
Front Cover Kit
High Volume Oil Pump?
I cant find Connecting rods that are performance but not too $$$, so help me out their.
I live like 2 miles from DPR East so theyll help me out there with P&P.
Anything else ill need to do if i get all this? Good Start?
Thanks!

Last edited by SoloDefcon; 03-26-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:08 AM

boring is making the diameter bigger while porting usually refeers to some type of port matching where u bore the intake exhaust ports to the same diameter as the gasket to improve flow throughout the head ...after the ports have been bored to match the gasket there are then polished...
Old 04-01-2005, 02:48 AM
Contributing Member

if you are going to be pulling the motor down then i would replace the bearings both rods and mains... as far as the high volume oil pump... there is a design flaw in the oil pump drive set up on the ka... when increasing the pressure you also increase the stress on the oil pump drive rod and gear... nissan sells a hardened set up that takes care of the problem...
the stock rods can handle some power... so as long as they are still good then have then shot peened and magnafluxed... then have them balanced... i have seen stock rods in turbo applications at light boost... so in your application they should do fine...
this is a good start and props for doing it... but there are a few things you will still need... bigger injectors better fuel pump a fuel pressure regulator and your ecu reprogramed... but that should have you a pretty stout motor...