NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

need help , cranks , gas , fire , no start

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:14 PM

yea my timin was off but now it purrs like a kitten..i was lining it up by the one dot instead of the one wit the dot and notch on the shaft of the dizzy
Old 08-12-2006, 06:02 AM

NICE!! thats cool , mine just broke... i busted my alternator lol dam sound system... lets just say that 142,7db is too much amp for that peice of junk argg
Old 08-14-2006, 10:48 PM

i had sort of a problem like that. i changed put all of the filters and changed out the injectors and now it runs fine. xcept for the timming chain noise.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:38 PM

hum

Originally posted by jcl666
no lol.. i missed pluged the hoses , the INPUT is the one taht goes stright to the fuel line! , and the feedback line is the one that has the regulator at the end of the fuel line , big mistake from me! and yes i only removed the regulator placed a new one and everything was good , but try my trick , drop a lot of gas in the chamber , and start....
Hi, the gas line which comes out the fual filter goes to the injector and the other soft fuel line goes straight into the fuel pressure right?

and also, i have the same problem as you except, my engine cranks there are fuel, just no spark at all on my 95 SE, after i've done a engine swap, direct swap with no modification on wiring. It will not fire up, I've switch to couple of distributor and that is not the problem, also try to change out the ecu, checked all the fuses and the ground still nada. Can anyone help me with this problem? Getting everything with the exception of spark.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Contributing Member

ignition coil...

msd blaster upgrade time
Old 08-16-2006, 04:30 AM

the regulator os the feedback , it goes straight to the fue line , straight to the injectors , and then to evacuate it has to pass threw the regulator ,

for the fire probleme , probe the black-white wires , see if you have a 12v when ignition keu is on , also check the black-red wire same also must have 12v , also check your fuses. if everything is fine , change your ecu or ignition coil ,

maybee try the auto diagnostic mode on your eccs?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:08 PM

for the fire probleme , probe the black-white wires , see if you have a 12v when ignition keu is on , also check the black-red wire same also must have 12v , also check your fuses. if everything is fine , change your ecu or ignition coil ,
maybee try the auto diagnostic mode on your eccs?
Yes, i already checked 12v power on both of the wire you mention, but there is still nothing.. usually when the distributor is set up correctly, if you rotate it as if you were to set timing, it will make spark, but nothing at this time.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:16 PM

baybee your coil is busted , or at worst , your power transistor is busted , the kinda square thing next to the coil , if i were you , id go to napa , buy an coil , cost like 20$ , then borow a power transistor cause that like 130$ , if you still dont have any spark , change the ecu! lol try auto diagnostik , if number 55 comes up, your fine that mean nothing is wrong .! other wise , you dewfenitly have something wrong lol!! because the way i can see your probleme is no fire , ? make sure at some point you have a 12v source at either end of the transistor and the coil. other wise , probleme is before distributor , wires , coil , transistor ,

maybee your fan cutted wires!!! mine also did that once , check your wires goign fromt the t-body to the other side of the motor , maybee they just got cut away?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:26 PM

baybee your coil is busted , or at worst , your power transistor is busted , the kinda square thing next to the coil , if i were you , id go to napa , buy an coil , cost like 20$ , then borow a power transistor cause that like 130$ , if you still dont have any spark , change the ecu! lol try auto diagnostik , if number 55 comes up, your fine that mean nothing is wrong .! other wise , you dewfenitly have something wrong lol!! because the way i can see your probleme is no fire , ? make sure at some point you have a 12v source at either end of the transistor and the coil. other wise , probleme is before distributor , wires , coil , transistor ,

maybee your fan cutted wires!!! mine also did that once , check your wires goign fromt the t-body to the other side of the motor , maybee they just got cut away?
I have a 1995, internal coil built into the distributor, i have been swapping them back and forth maybe it's busted. Where is the power transistor located on the 95 model? is it the wiring harness next to the distributor? that white plug with a little black fuse looking thing? I checked the wire that you mention at the distributor, the black and red wires and white and black wire, both showing 12v.

And about fan cutting wires. where do you mean the T body where is this harness that you are mentioning? is it the harness that run along side the stock fuel rail?