NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

New Purchases!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Contributing Member

Send me a PM, I'll link you to the guy who sold me this PIT cat back system, its a knock off of the Apexi N1, but still sounds great. Only cost me 200-250 or so shipped, and no crackle or fart can sound.

As for the steering wheel, I think theres plenty of links for that swap. Just pull the battery and wait about 5-10 minutes, try cranking the engine and then follow the DIY write up on here... I think it was on here.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:19 PM

dude seriously, I've never seen somebody who puts sooo much trust in eBay....I mean I'm on a budget too, and I still won't go on eBay...have you tried Craigslist.org? I mean I got Eibach pro-kit springs, Tokicko Blue shocks, Axxis Ultima Pads, Nismo weighted shift ****, and a Blitz Realize TT-R cat-back exhaust all take home, for $460.....that's all high quality name brand parts....beat that homeboy....
Old 08-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Contributing Member

good luck to you mang.... we all choose out own path and learn from our mistakes.... i also use cragslist, but where i'm from, S14s are rare and parts aren't readily available on the cheap......if i was in miami, LA tampa, chicago, etc.... i wouldn't have a problem.....
Old 08-12-2008, 04:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Rotary_tech
dude seriously, I've never seen somebody who puts sooo much trust in eBay....I mean I'm on a budget too, and I still won't go on eBay...have you tried Craigslist.org? I mean I got Eibach pro-kit springs, Tokicko Blue shocks, Axxis Ultima Pads, Nismo weighted shift ****, and a Blitz Realize TT-R cat-back exhaust all take home, for $460.....that's all high quality name brand parts....beat that homeboy....
whats wrong with ebay parts? lol i have a buddy with a 2001 impreza 2.1 RS with jdm sti motor he has all expensive brand name parts making 480awhp

then we have another friend called the ebay copy he has a 2001 impreza 2.1 rs with sti swap too but instead of using name brand parts he used all ebay parts he make 460awhp.

now take a guess who car is always breaking down and always in the shop. if you thought the ebay copy well your wrong his car hasnt broken down once yet the name brand car is always at the shop. goes to show ya lol
Old 08-12-2008, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

hahaha good point.... i have no probelme with most ebay parts... hell i think they're great for the entry level drivers looking to do simple mods, to learn on... like myself!!
no point in buying 10 grand worth of parts and not being able to drive em anyways.....
Old 08-12-2008, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Rotary_tech
dude seriously, I've never seen somebody who puts sooo much trust in eBay....I mean I'm on a budget too, and I still won't go on eBay...have you tried Craigslist.org?
Even better...
www.Courtesynissan.com
www.FRsport.com
Not to mention our vendors at our site cut pretty good deals.
Cheapest lowest prices on 240sx parts ever, and it's not egay.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 08-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Contributing Member

if you do replace the test pipe get a resonated test pipe or a high flow cat. and while we're beating a dead horse, ebay is ok as long as you know what you're buying. i don't buy much from our vendors because they don't carry much for the kae but they do have some good deals.

btw your test pipe is on upside down.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 08-12-2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
if you do replace the test pipe get a resonated test pipe or a high flow cat. and while we're beating a dead horse, ebay is ok as long as you know what you're buying. i don't buy much from our vendors because they don't carry much for the kae but they do have some good deals.

btw your test pipe is on upside down.
It doesn't matter which way it goes on if he's not going to use the catylitic heat shield..
Old 08-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
It doesn't matter which way it goes on if he's not going to use the catylitic heat shield..

i know i just thought i'd point that out since he was already getting battered for ever thing else.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 08-13-2008 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Ebay stuff is junk though....
I guess every one has to learn to scorch there hand on the burner before realizing how bad the products really are.. No matter how many times people are told how worthless there **** is people continue to buy it... Not to mention that the shipping cost on ebay products these days are ridiculous.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

i do agree about the shipping costs, but the point i was trying to make is that there are some decent parts sold on ebay by reputable businesses such as summit and jegs. the things people need to be aware of are the mass produced items with jdm in the description. that alone should be a dead give away.

also there are things such as the test pipe for instance. all it is a pipe and flanges, so unless you can find it cheaper anywhere else i don't see a problem buying it from someone on ebay. i'd rather just make one but thats just me. like i said if you know what you're buying on ebay go for it. if there is any doubt though you'd be better off buying it somewhere else because more likely than not it probably is junk.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 08-13-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Contributing Member

first thing i wasn't using the heat shield and i didn't want the flanges, or brackets to hang down and be exposed.... as far as getting battered, some people learn the hard way and listen to no one.... thats me hahaha, always bucking the system.... as far all eBay stuff being junk, not true, just have to know what to buy and what not to... mistakes I'm learning... i will get the magnaflow universal cat, and i will get a half way decent cat back from eBay as soon as my funds are available to do so... I'm already learning from my mistakes... with the nicer things i put on my car, i realize how junker some of the stuff i first put on is.... ARG! trust me, it bothers me more than it disappoints you guys. live and learn.... i guess thats why people are constantly changing their set ups... bigger and better... etc...

anyways, i got my cross drilled and slotted rotors, ceramic pads, and new rear calipers on, like an hour ago..... looks pretty good.... i have a bit more bleeding to do, but not much... prob do it on my lunch break tomorrow... other than that, my baby girl is back on the road again! i can hear a bit of friction on the front (pads prob need to seat..), and slamming the brakes, she pulls to the right a bit, hence needing to bleed a bit more, pedal is still a little spongy, other than that, i can feel a braking difference..., stops a bit smoother, little loud for now, but over all can't beat it...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!

also there are things such as the test pipe for instance. all it is a pipe and flanges, so unless you can find it cheaper anywhere else i don't see a problem buying it from someone on ebay.
Dude if anyone wants a test pipe I'll weld one for $18.00, and it would use aluminized steal 3" pipe....
I hate egay test pipes......
Old 08-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

the one i have is stainless steel.. and was only $28 shipped... so about the same price as you stated, with shipping.... it's not going to be on there long, sounds way too ricer... and the popping. i went to advance, they read my CEL, wouldn't ya know, after cat O2 sensor, idle air system, knock sensor, and park neutral safety switch, which is weird cause i have manual... makes me think the engine and ECU might be from an automatic... i don't know the history of the car, other than one owner, and no accidents, minus the one my girl got in.... so no idea why the P/N saftey switch CEL is on, considering i have no "park"... but yeah, cat's not on there long, i'm going to use it to install that magnaflow universal...just use the flanges...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
Dude if anyone wants a test pipe I'll weld one for $18.00, and it would use aluminized steal 3" pipe....
I hate egay test pipes......
i'd hate to get further off topic but i'm curious about the aluminized steal pipe. have you welded any with the welder you bought a while back, if so how did it go?

i tired it but found myself having a difficult time controlling the arc and had a lot of splatter with my welder.