S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   piggy back (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/piggy-back-44933/)

sav180 10-26-2008 05:49 AM

piggy back

what piggy back would you recommend??i was thinkin of gettin the greddy ultimate or the apexi afc..i was about to go with efi tuned ecu but he doesnt do a tune for use of 370 injectors..

sav180 10-26-2008 05:50 AM

so let me kno fellas

Biggamehit 10-26-2008 06:02 AM

safc is fine with anything under 550cc... you will here a lot of negative remarks around the web.... but they all Fail at reading manuals.

sav180 10-26-2008 06:04 AM

lol...u here anything about the greddy ultimate?

Biggamehit 10-26-2008 06:06 AM

i have read about them online... you can find all that info

i have no first hand experience with them so i cant provide grate detail.

as far as safc if you want to exceed 15psi you need to couple a Boosting Timing Manager along with that. for my 8 to 10 psi setup... i just back the timing off a bit from the stock 20deg. that kept all my internal parts inside the motor lol.

sav180 10-26-2008 06:16 AM

o aight..the reason i was lookin for on is the i just rebuilt my bottoom end wit 90 pistons which bumps up the comp to about 10.5 with the stock head with port n polish on the exhaust,headers,excessive intake mani,aem intake,370 inj..it starts fine and idles but when u rev it up till about 4 grand its shuts right off with no studder or any warnin so i was thinkin it was not enough fuel..what u think??vinnie chime in anytime

jramosthe1st! 10-26-2008 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 374959)
safc is fine with anything under 550cc... you will here a lot of negative remarks around the web.... but they all Fail at reading manuals.

some of the negative remarks are warranted thought because piggybacks fool the ecu. obviously there are also limitations to what a piggyback can do when compared to a stand alone or tuned ecu but for the price what more can one expect.

sav180 10-26-2008 09:43 AM

yea and they dont make ecu's for na purpose the one efi has only works with stock injectors and max out at around 180..i need one for 370cc..

what stand alones other than aem are real good??

Biggamehit 10-28-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 374966)
some of the negative remarks are warranted thought because piggybacks fool the ecu. obviously there are also limitations to what a piggyback can do when compared to a stand alone or tuned ecu but for the price what more can one expect.

yea but its exactly why my cars run and I compete while others are always broken and crying on forums.. I cant tell you how many times I have seen "standalone" cars all blown up in my almost 9 years of tuning and racing.

standalone for what.. if your not putting out serious power.. your wasting time and money.

I'm just telling you from my own experience not all the horror stories and theories around the net.. i have worked with Hondata and AEM that's about it besides SAFC. I was going to go with Tec 3 for my KA-T setup because I was about to take it to the next level before i went to japan..

I had NO issues with my safc that is all. it doesn't fool anything coupled with a wideband and 550 and under injectors its good. and when you look at it fooling or manipulating it's the same thing. standalone doesn't come set in a box ready for plug n play turn key and drag/drift etc you must Tune it aka Manipulate it aka Fool it to run with your setup.

jram its not directed toward you.. but it just makes me sick at all the BS that fly's around online. when guys prove things work.. people just want to go off of other sources they Deem creditable instead of doing it themselves. I will not speak on ANYTHING that i have not touched myself.

kenjimatic 10-28-2008 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 375109)
yea but its exactly why my cars run and I compete while others are always broken and crying on forums.. I cant tell you how many times I have seen "standalone" cars all blown up in my almost 9 years of tuning and racing.

standalone for what.. if your not putting out serious power.. your wasting time and money.

I'm just telling you from my own experience not all the horror stories and theories around the net.. i have worked with Hondata and AEM that's about it besides SAFC. I was going to go with Tec 3 for my KA-T setup because I was about to take it to the next level before i went to japan..

I had NO issues with my safc that is all. it doesn't fool anything coupled with a wideband and 550 and under injectors its good. and when you look at it fooling or manipulating it's the same thing. standalone doesn't come set in a box ready for plug n play turn key and drag/drift etc you must Tune it aka Manipulate it aka Fool it to run with your setup.

jram its not directed toward you.. but it just makes me sick at all the BS that fly's around online. when guys prove things work.. people just want to go off of other sources they Deem creditable instead of doing it themselves. I will not speak on ANYTHING that i have not touched myself.

ive always hear people talk alot of sh!t about piggy back but i just think it all depends on what your doing and that is a very serious point about standalone vs piggy back and i just want to say GOOD JOB biggamehit.

im planning on running my SAFCII on my ka with 370cc injectors, bc cams stage 2, cai, headers, electric fan, wide band O2 and proly advance the timing a little.

Biggamehit 10-28-2008 08:30 AM

yea like i said.. Jram is a good dude this is not toward him at all.

jramosthe1st! 10-28-2008 04:12 PM

it's all good even if it was directed at me i'd be ok with it.

i will clarify however that i didn't say that a safc was a bad idea. what is a bad idea is any sort of ecu tampering without the proper know how. be it a safc, standalone or chipped ecu they all serve a purpose and can be beneficial if and when the user fully understands the intended use for the product.

Biggamehit 10-28-2008 06:57 PM

no doubt brother.. you just know how easily a word world war is started online. i just wanted to clarify. I would never attack an member.. especially one as yourself brother.

sav180 10-30-2008 06:46 PM

niice ...have anyone try that new afc neo out yet??

Biggamehit 10-30-2008 08:48 PM

it just looks nicer

has vtec controll embedded and a few more programmable points not worth it to me.