NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

throdle respons delay

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 10:48 PM

Unhappy throdle respons delay

I just bought a 92 240sx with a 95 ka24de in it on 02/09/04. I love it. I bought it for 1300. I am having one proble with that i can find, and that is that when i push the gas pedle the rpm drop instintly then picks up right away. Its like a loss in power, and it does this in all gears. I work at advance auto and my manager thinks that it could be that air mass sensor.. I have an appointment at the local nissan dears to have this problem checked out, but if you guys can help me and save me the 65 dollar fee I would be much appretatvie... thanks
Old 02-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

yeah.
FULL tune up
plugs, wires, o2 sensor, fuel filter, injector cleaner, clean the MAFS (mass air flow sensor, this is probavbly yoru problem), the throttle body, remove your AIV, and you should be set, it'll do that because the engine is struggling to put out, clean her up and she'll put out like sa bunny rabbit.

Dr.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:37 PM

thanks for the info... I will surly do that.. But a few ?'s

: How do i clean the mafs?
:what is the aiv?

once again thanks a bunch...
Old 02-13-2004, 09:55 PM

I did some more searching on the topic and i came across others that have had the same problem but instead of doing all of this they just suggested checking for vac/air leaks... I also found the answer to one of my ?'s. how to clean the mafs: with carb cleaner or compressed air/electronic cleaner.... I still have not tried either method yet but i still need to get a tune up.... any info is welcome....