NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

What Next???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:10 PM

What Next???

Ok if you havent previously read my other threads I'am currently doing a rebuid on my 240 due to spun rod bearing/torn up crankshaft and connecting rod..

So I replaced...(all Brand new Oe Parts.)
Crankshaft,Main Bearings,Rod bearings,Front Main Seal,rear Main Seal,head Gasket,Connecting Rod #2 (One that screwed up) Piston #2 (screwed up as well) All New Piston Rings,Got my block Homed out and cleaned up the walls,New upper and lower timing chain,water pump gasket etc...

So Far My Mods are

Had My Head Milled Down to Bump Comp ratio/Intake/Headers/Downpipe/Gutted cat/3Inch catback/11lb flywheel/Stage 3 6 puck clutch with heavy duty pressure plate.

When I put my car back together and break my engine in and she does fine Im looking into doing some more Mods but nothing too seriouse for now..

So I wanna ask some people from here who have built na Ka's And see where to go next...Cams??Ecu?? Pulleys?? I have even heard to stop building Na and save up for Boost...Its cheaper and it provides alot more power that some one might seek.

Plus I hear a Na ka can only do so much that the 240 being considerably heavy that turbo power is what it needs to really make her move as fast as I desire...Leave the na to the honda boys.

Any one and every one out there feel free to give up some advice..I dont wanna go buy Mods for the Ka to keep it na if everyone thinks that its pretty dumb to build it up Na..

And I were also wondering I kno this is a ? for the turbo forums but Ima crack it here...Does any one kno if the Ka-t If done right is a realiable.Im only planning on pushing 1- at the most 12 pounds of boost.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Stock bottom end can handle 7-8 psi. If you built it right and take care of it and make sure everything's set up correctly...yes it's a very reliable and powerful motor.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:12 PM

Cool beans Ive heard that Ka-t are a very realiable turbo motor if set up right and tuned and some one maintaines the car its a very nice set up...Ive even heard not to be bias that alot of Ka-t's whoop up on sr20's in drag and roll racing.My friend on my vid site has a Ka-t with 497 hp and he said hes yet to come across an sr to beat him in a straight out run....the iron block can handle some hit and plus its a 2.4 of displacment over the 2.0 sr
Old 08-18-2006, 04:13 PM

"no replacement for displacement" <----- except when you BOOOOoooOOOSSSst IT!! go Ka-T man do it right and don't settle for the cheap stuff on E-Gay...!! lots of kits out there or if you do it right you can find some deals around a piece together your own kit .... just me 2 cents !! good luck on the project!!
Erik