NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

won't start?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 07:27 AM

won't start?

So last night I followed the nice write up on how to replace the light bulbs in the gauge cluster with LEDs and it looks pretty darn good. Although I do have to say that it was a giant pain taking all of that apart and I don't want to have to do it again, but that is neither here nor there. Anyways, after I had all of that finished I started the car up and went for a drive. I came back, turned it off and then about twenty minutes later jumped in the car and drove off again to run some errands. This morning rolls around and I head out my beloved 240 to go to work and when I put the key in and turn, nothing . . . Now the seat belt pulls itself into position, and the clock is working, and even the radio comes on, but when I turn the key to start it all I get is one click and then nothing. Now it isn't a series of clicks or something like that, just one loud click and then nothing, it doesn't sputter or turn over it just clicks and then thats it. In my opinion it's the starter, but I am jsut wondering what you guys think. I am going out of town on a conference this weekend so I won't be able to fix anything, but if anyone has any input that would be great. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:45 AM

try and make sure that your battery ground connection is good, because with my sr20 if its not really tight everthing will work and when i try to turn it over it will make a loud click...
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM

Problem solved. Thanks for the advice. I took off the terminals and I cleaned and took a wire brush to them and after that the started right up. I guess when I disconnected them to work on the car earlier I disrupted the delicate balance of corrosion and metal and lost the connection. Anyways, all's well in the world.