New England MA, ME, VT, NH, RI, CT

Just Moved: Any 240 People In NH??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 03:18 PM

im from somervile MASS, just 45 min from concord...
just got a 89 240 coupe a month ago...
not many 240s here in boston, but i have a feelin they are comin...
just look out for them after winter...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member

I hope so, i'm looking for some 240sx fans to meet and learn from.

Too bad the winter is half of the year here, lol.

Dr.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:24 PM

I'm from Manchester, NH. My Roomate and My girlfriend both have 240SX's. You might have seen them driving around alot. The color of cars are Blueish/Gray and Red. The Red one has a bra in front. A week ago, My girl and I raced a black 240SX. We were comming from the 24 hour Wal-Mart in Concord. It was pretty nice.

I'm hoping the starter of this topic is the one we raced. It sounds like it because we started the race from Concord til the toll-booth going to Manchester.

^^
Old 11-17-2003, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

lol, it coulda been me. I drive a 93 black 240sx, 3" magnaflow exhaust, lowered, and all clear lenses up front(see my sig), among other things. There is only 1 other black s13 running around Concord, and it's some dude named bobby in high school, and his exhaust is stock and he's got a few dents, and non SE rims.
Do you drive your s13's during the winter?

Have your girl or your roomie done anything to their 240's?

Hit me back or email me @ drnovascotia@comcast.net

Dr.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by drnovascotia
lol, it coulda been me. I drive a 93 black 240sx, 3" magnaflow exhaust, lowered, and all clear lenses up front(see my sig), among other things. There is only 1 other black s13 running around Concord, and it's some dude named bobby in high school, and his exhaust is stock and he's got a few dents, and non SE rims.
Do you drive your s13's during the winter?

Have your girl or your roomie done anything to their 240's?

Hit me back or email me @ drnovascotia@comcast.net

Dr.
Nah, We haven't really done anything to the cars yet. We're waiting on the SR20DET engine to get in and stuff. I'm getting the rear spoiler on my car replaced and whatnot. I'm getting my interior redone with lighting fixtures and when that is finished we're putting in the SR20DET engine in my friend's car when he gets it.

It'll be pretty awesome..

and no, My girl is driving her sister's Honda Accord for the winter and I'm driving a VW Jetta. :/ You'd be crazy to drive your s13 in the winter. o_o
Old 11-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Contributing Member

wow, I wish I had the $$ for a SR swap, lol. I just spent my last 2K on a 90 CRX SI I bought on thursday.

I'll try and catch you around sometime, this spring we'll all have to meet up, lemme know if I can do anything to help.

Dr.
Old 11-30-2003, 02:06 PM

I live in NH. Im from hampton Falls which is right near hampton beach. i bought my 240 just a couple of weeks ago. it is a 1990, but you won't see it on the road for about a week. The ka24 is out and i hate wiring the sr20, so it will take a while.
Old 11-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Contributing Member

wow, I wish I could just pop out my KA and put in a SR. How's it coming long? How far is where you are from concord? Thats awesome, i'd love to learn how to do that someday. what kinda shape is she in?

Dr.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:08 PM

she is a little rough. rust here and there, but im a little obsessive with my cars, so all i really need is a rolling chasy. My other car is a 400+ hp 1992 eclipse gsx. concord is just over an hour from here. this past summer i went to manchester a few times to hang out with a small group of car junkies. Hey, if you want the ka or any parts of it, or know anyone that does, let me know. she is only a paperweight about to be sent to the junkyard. i hear that the newer DOHC ka s are worth money, but nobody wants mine. if you want it, it's all yours.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:18 PM

I'm sure you all know where to get the sr's from, but just in case, i can get them with uncut wiring harness and shipping included for far less than $2000. just a thought.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:20 PM

by the way, DR. your car looks pretty hot in the pic.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

Thank you sir, I've put lots of time and $$ into her. Unfortunately for the most part she's all show and no go. I'm currently workin mainly on my new winter beater, a 90 Crx Si, however the bondo, short shifter and everything else will be done on her next week. Over the winter I have a few 240sx projects to work on, putting in the s14 seats in my s13, re-doing the door panels, and the audio system. In the spring I'm trying to locate a 5 speed swap and get that done, then this summer she's getting repainted. What I really want to learn to do is rebuild an engine though, I'd love to rip apart my KA and rebuild her, then this summer when i'm driving the 240 rip out the Crx's engine and work on her a little as well. If you ever need help and i'm not working or @ school i'd be more than happy to meet up. And Definately post some pics so I can see what you got going on. Once it clears up us NH people will have a meet.

Dr.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:33 AM

sounds kick ***! hey you said you want a 5-spd swap. Can you use my SOHC 5-spd tranny? if so, it shifts perfect. (I was told. i never drove the car farther than around the parking lot.) If you can use it, you can have it. as long as you don't mind driving to come get it.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member

the gear ratio's are different, however it should work. How many miles were on the tranny, and is the clutch still in her?

have you swapped a sr before, or from your previous experience w/ other cars just know how? How's that all coming along.

Dr.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:40 PM

A friend of mine owns a shop. The shop mechanic is actually doing the swap, but i have been helping so that if anything ever goes wrong, i can fix the problem. It should be driveable by tomorrow. I will let you know. We were planning on scrapping the motor, but if you want me to hang on to it, i can for a llittle while. The clutch felt ok. I haven't bothered to look at the clutch. I am not a big fan of electrical work whatsoever, so i have been kinda lasy getting everything finished. I also didn't order all the right parts from the beginning. I had to order a hotpipe and something else that i can't remember right now. but they show up tomorrow. I still need an exhaust also in order to drive it on the road.(not that hard to make my own.) Anyway, if you want me to hang on to anything for you, let me know. If you want the motor or tranny its gonna cost you a redbull(i survive off of those energy drinks!) I wish my car was in the same condition as yours. The thing needs some serious help for bodywork. I probably won't get around to that until spring.

Quick Reply: Just Moved: Any 240 People In NH??