Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

240, the new integra

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:09 PM

I was into my honda...probably cuz of the money issue. but now that my honda is gone and i swiped my sisters 240. i have been nothing but impressed with the car (even tho its pretty much a hoopty, right now) parts for the 240 are just expensive. my brother cllutched up and finally swap out his old engine for a japanese b16 and totally loves it. I was telling him that the 240 is still the car i want to build and he clowns me, but when he saw the signal twins...hes singing a different song now.

i loved the car when my sister first got it brand new. and still love it after she totally mistreated it, but its in better hands now ;-p
Old 02-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Like all other things. There will be the Fad. The in-thing. Whatever people call it. There is no getting around that. When some young kid sees your car he automatically want one too. You really have to appreciate these people. These are the ones that help create a demand and get you better performance parts. But like stated earlier also, they are usually the ones that also create parts cars for us.

I was also one of those ex honda people. But before I even wanted a honda I was alot more interested in getting a 240. I remember when I was like 15, 16 which I am now 24 my dad used to tell me if i got a 240 do the 180sx tail light conversion. LOL, and he wasnt even into this ****. His best friend had the conversion on his car. And that was back in 1995 or 96. But at the time they werent so old and still relatively expensive for a used car.

That is the only reason i really got into the honda scene. It wasnt a bad thing. Its was really the ones who put a bad impression on the whole scene that ruined it for every one else. And what really pushed me away after I had my accident. I used to get pulled over at least 2 x's a week just beacuse it was a lowered honda. And my car used to get broken into at least once a month. Cost me lots of $$$$$. Im just glad I am finally working on a 240. Its been real fun so far. Kind of like a childhood dream.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM

Everyone here is making very good points. Being younger, just before getting my liscence, I used to think hondas were the coolest thing, etc etc. When I got my liscence, I didn't have the money to get a car, nor would my parents buy me a car, so I was stuck essentially with nothing. I did however drive my mother's Infiniti G20 (p10). After a while, the car essentially became mine, I drove it more than her, did all the work on it, learned about cars on it, blah blah and that is actually what made me fall in love with nissan. When I turned 20, having no interest at all in any "240sx hype", I had money and decided its finally time to get that car I wanted back when I was 16. Having a love for nissans I was looking at G20's, 200sx/SE-R's, and 240sx's. After test driving a few cars, I got a chance to drive an '89 S13 and after that single drive I fell inlove with RWD. Basically the combination of RWD and Nissan brought me to the 240sx. (300zx being out of my price range)
Old 02-24-2005, 04:59 PM

i didn't get a honda because it was "cool" i kept getting them because they were reliable. i had an 87 accord which had minor problems (hose leaks). then my parents bought me a 94 accord coupe. i put about 80k miles on it in about 6 years and had no problems at all. then i had a 01 accord v6 which was fun. but kinda needed money a year later so i go my first 240. so far i'm impressed. put about 10k miles on it (it's almost at 140k) and haven't had problems. except i'll be installing a new clutch / flywheel within the next month (ordered the kit, gonna wait till it goes) and i need new tires.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:37 PM

it will never be the new integra, because simply there isn;t enough to go around, im not sure of the exact number that was produced, but i can tell u forsure that numaber isn;t very high, not anywhere near how much integra and civic being made, and to top it off, it went off the production line years ago, so 240 will never be all over the place like u said, there just not enough...
Old 02-24-2005, 08:43 PM

AND .... as time goes on, population decreases.... which could be good or bad
Old 02-25-2005, 06:40 AM

which also means the theft rate/demand for the 240 will greatly increase. booo
Old 02-25-2005, 07:12 AM

It is inevitable that such a great car would eventually catch on.

All these honda people are fr sellouts and bandwagon jumpers. As a matter of fact anyone who was always into ff cars then switched over just because the s13 and s14 gained popularity is a bandwagon jumper.

People who have always appreciated fr cars are the true fr enthusiasts. I have always been into fr cars. I just happened to trade in my pos 944 (awesome fr car, TERRIBLE reliability) for an s13 because the s13 and s14 are Japanese versions of the 944.

NO ONE was fixing up 240's back then. Maybe 5-7 cars at MOST in the so cal area. It's funny how honda people would refer to the s13 as the "slow forty" and now they're all buying them up.

Last edited by doriftomodachi; 02-25-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:49 AM

BTW this was back in 1992 not that it matters...

Last edited by doriftomodachi; 02-25-2005 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Originally posted by doriftomodachi
BTW this was back in 1992 not that it matters...
1992... haha... I was like eight years old, rofl.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:58 AM

yes I am old skool haha
Old 02-25-2005, 04:15 PM

holy crap, 92. back when having cut sprigs and a spoiler qualified you as a tuner in the US. i was.... 6
Old 02-25-2005, 07:21 PM

i read al through this thread and i am searching for a 240 but not so i can become super mega drift master. i think the 240 is a sick car when its done up right not all riced out, but same goes for any car. the 240 is definetly an awesome car and im just being introduced to not only the 240 scene but nissans in general cuz i used to own an integra and my bro had a civic. im currently in a search for a 95+ 240 only for the fact that i need airbags in my car but this RWD thing is whats really got me sucked in. ive known 240 were rwd but i never really looked into them. i started looking at them a little while back and realized, "these cars are def sick" so now im trying to get one and do it up right but im not really out for being a drifter. just trying to stand out in the world of integras and civics around where i live. if n e 1 nos where i can find a 95+ 240 for around 4000 let me no please im located around belair MD. let me no. thanks guys
Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Contributing Member

america is so much different then japan there is so much pride over there and its not always the car is the driver , i like the jap philosophy you have to respect your car, most americans are just HP hungry.

i think drifting will dye out soon enough
everyone like to play the underground drifter role (i evin like it) but sooner or later it will dye down as people try and fail like us lazy americans do lol.

just some of my thoughts on the topic.

jap-merican did you bring your car over or are you ganna build one here?

Texas240 i always thought you were a guy hahaha my ignorance

i have been intrested in 240's ever since i first saw drifting in super street way back befor i knew how to drive
BTW my first car was a RR 73' bug lol
Old 02-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributing Member

I remember when I was into Hondas. Seeing them driving up my block everyday. One day I picked up a magazine and saw a 240sx for the first time. SInce then I have steadily grown. Im sixteen right now and barely got my licsence. I remember when I wanted neon lights. Then I got into my 240sx and forgot all about that. I fell in love. Then I wanted a 500+ sr. Im passed all that. I try to drive saftely and my car wont be turbocharged(all motor sleeper baby!). Maybe someday when I have more experience and more cash. No offense but this 240sx is not going to be parted out if its crashed. I stay away from the ricers (unless I feel like wippen their @$$, did I mention I love my car). I raise my glass for the genuine 240sx enthusists here.

By the way does anyone have a good drivers dide front fender. Better yet a whole car. A little of topic but I need spare parts.

Quick Reply: 240, the new integra