Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

The Big Meet

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation The Big Meet

This is a thread concerning the Big Meet we are planning for next year.

The planners are:

Kaoz (Canadian Contact)
Rudeboy (Northern NY Contact)
Stanbo (NJ and Southern NY contact)
Import Fanatix (NYC Contact)
Malice (NYC Contact)

Import and Mal will keep it local and try and gather the troops and will make me look like I am a genius. Without their backing I can't keep up with all of this.

Help from everyone is need and extreamly appreciated. This is not going to be a simple meet. We are going to try and get a track or a dealership to host this.

Please post any interest or ideas. Everyone might not agree but there are no stupid ideas.

Thanks

Last edited by Import Fanatix; 11-04-2002 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:47 PM
Contributing Member

Well with the old Big meet thread, englishtown was brought up as an Idea an I think thats a good idea. We can see about lodging for our out of state friends and take rides through NYC if anything and race it up at the track (auto x, drag and Pimp show )
Old 11-04-2002, 07:35 PM

This is exactly what some of us in the Sentra forums has thought about. Renting out E-town is a good possiblity. My idea was to have trophies for dyno queens and drag kings. Also trophies for those that are show only. Maybe even cash prizes for top winners if enough money is collected. Its just that E-town doesnt allow you to charge admissions fees w/ their contract... so those that put out can not be guaranteed to get reimbursed later on.
That means finding a way to collect money before hand for whatever and sponsors to cover cost. I have an idea that might work but who knows.
Old 11-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

i rikey.
so looks like i won't be calling watkins glen in the morning.
even if when we have to spend it's all good. i just wana have fun.
i've never been to E-town, sounds like room to auto-X to me
Old 11-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Contributing Member

The room is there to AutoX. They have a track there.

SuckIt we have to talk. There are other 240 guys approuching E-Town for drift days.

Shoot me a PM or give me a call. I will start reaching out to E-Town.

Does anyone have a connect to a local Nissan Dealership?
Old 11-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Contributing Member

i know a guy at Auto Place Nissan out here but they are kinda "stick-up-the-***-type". i can work on a few things this week.
Stanbo you know any Scca guys?
Old 11-04-2002, 09:53 PM

One of the forum members has contacted E-town before about renting it out. Im not sure about the details but I believe it was about $2k.
Thats not too hard considering that we have about 5 forums based solely on the respective cars. All of us are getting organized pretty well already in the tri-state. SR20's are straight, Maxima, Altimas are good. You 240 ppl are getting better. Just need some 300zx ppl and the Spec V or 350z ppl thats all. After that just hope that ppl are willing to drive far away to compete and attend.
Old 11-04-2002, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

man listen, don't forget about the canidians. they down to roll
me too. it's an 8-9 hour drive to NY from here. so 12 hours for Toronto peeps.
i got dough. if we tryin to make this happen then we got doughtoo.

plus sponsors
Old 11-05-2002, 04:46 AM
Contributing Member

I'll see if I can work it out here on the Island Stan. Get as many peeps as I can. Prolly the usual crew, but I'm sure I can snag a few more by next year.

What about Lime Rock? I know they want car clubs only pretty much. I think we'd have more then enough to qualify if we do get all the Nissan BB's together on this one.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:10 AM
Contributing Member

so this is all planned for june ? we got alot of time... lets get location, time and date down for now... if someone says yes now, we are not certain they will show up in june... i know the more dedicated people will... but lets get the basics down.... etc.. you know what would be kool? having it as a multiday event
Old 11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Things are looking good. Yes I do know SCCA and NASA guys. I will post information on the meet when we get a little more information to give.

At least we have the month that we would like it to happen down.

2k for the track is mint. We could bang that out in a heartbeat.
Old 11-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Contributing Member

from door to door NYC to missasaga canada Ontario is 8 hours, so from buffalo to NYC should be about 6 tops.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:42 PM

Talking My brotha's...

Hey dOOds,

Well, I guarantee you that us up here in Canada will make the trip. It is apparently an 8-10 hour drive from Toronto to New Jersey. *according to my uncle who lives in NYC*.

How are things going in terms of organization with you Stanbo and rudeboy??? Hope all is well... been read'n the forum.

Needed contacts/support/sponsorship:

- Dealerships (New Jersey area)/(Toronto area)
- Performance Shops (New Jersey area)/(Toronto area)
- SCCA/NASA (someone mentioned this... good idea)
- All Nissan related forums (club240.com, nissanforums.com, toronto 240 club, toronto sentra club, etc... etc... etc...)
- Nissan Canada (I am dealing with them now).
- Nissan USA (rudeboy/Stanbo... someone contact them and seek sponsorship/support).
- Magazines (contacting NissanPerformanceMagazine and talking to Michael) (Turbo Magazine, Import Tuner, Sport Compact Car, etc)

Let's get this ball rolling!!!

We can do it guys... I can almost smell the burning rubber!

Maybe even contact the local gov't authorities... and inform them of the amount of people that are gonna be there... maybe they can provide us with some help of some sort.. who knows.

Also, a website will be up within 2 weeks... www.thebigmeet.com

Email me for more info.

Stanbo and rudeboy - I will need a little write up about you guys... who you work'n with... etc... for the site.

Keep in touch!!!

SINcerely,
KaOz.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member

what are we gunning for here- E-town? just so i'm not talkin to these guys and then switchup venues at the finalization time.
Old 11-07-2002, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

alright ill try to get in contact with some nissan dealerships around my way here... ill also get in contact with somemotorshops here in queens as well.. see what they can do... what do we expect from them btw ?

Quick Reply: The Big Meet