Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

so my girlfriend is on her way to work, and when she gets to her car she see's that its been broken into. Right off the bat she calls me and she's all crying and stuff so i go down there to check it out. i call 911 and the dispacher is a total ***** to me because i called 911 and it wasn't an emergency......so i'm in the process of giving our information, and the ***** hangs up on me!

i'm a little pissed off so i call back and tell the dispatcher that i had just called and whoever i was talking to hung up on me....then she starts yelling at me because she "isn't the one who hung up on me"....again i'm a little mad so i just decide to quit while i'm ahead and i decided to hang up on her

So i had my girlfriend call because i was though with putting up with them and again they were giving her crap because "a car break-in isn't considered an emergency" and the dispacher was really rude to her, so much so that my girlfriend ended the conversation by saying "thanks for being such a *****" and then she hung up on them.

So this 4th try at calling 911 over the same incident fared a little better. Again the dispatchers were blantely rude, but my girlfriend put up with it and fed dispatch her information.

To make a great ending, 911 called back and yelled at us for making two reports.

What does this do? Besides angering me, this incident makes me never want to call the police for help....ever. Its almost like they were taken aback because i had the audacity to call and disturb them.
Old 02-03-2003, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Re: *** 911

Originally posted by leiferik1
"a car break-in isn't considered an emergency"

Originally posted by leiferik1

What does this do? Besides angering me, this incident makes me never want to call the police for help....ever. Its almost like they were taken aback because i had the audacity to call and disturb them.
....but you didn't call the police ,you called 911. There is a difference. They were a$$holes for being so rude, but I bet they take a lot of **** too. I wouldn't take any of this so seriously....
Old 02-03-2003, 07:01 PM

When i call 911, they ask me if its an emergency...and if i say no...they either are nice and ask me what happened...or if they have to deal with an emergency they put me on hold...they are pretty nice..
Old 02-04-2003, 12:07 AM
Contributing Member

OK... this is easy.

If your life or the lives of others are in danger - emergency.

If someone steals the change out of your gf's ashtray - not an emergency.

I'd be pretty ****in pissed if my grandma had a hard time getting an ambulance because you and your gf had the damn dispatchers tied up with your teenage pissing contest.

-Justin
Old 02-04-2003, 12:10 AM

There are non-emg. numbers to call, 411 can direct you to them next time.

I worked as a Dispatcher over the summer, and yeah I would have hung up on you to.
Old 02-04-2003, 12:51 AM
Contributing Member

okay, i admit i should have called the non-emergency numbers, but in my defense

i have called the non-emergency before and i was stuck in the automated system for 45 min before i got someone on the line, and it took them like 2 hours to send someone out

the time was 4:30

my gf had work at 5

i had class at 5:30

i didn't want to waste my day stuck on the phone