Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Guy Gets Shot

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 06:30 AM

Originally posted by Sinep Anigav
This get's me thinking of what happened to me this morning while I was working... One of my jobs is delivering the newspaper out in the boonies of Southern Maine... It was a little after 2:00am and I was driving my car from driveway to driveway minding my own business... Now, I'm out in the middle of no-where and honestly I don't think I have ever seen another vehicle out on the road as I do this, so I pretty much own the road... I'm swerving from lane to lane so I can toss the papers out to the people's residents when I see a vehicle come over a hill about half a mile in front of me... I keep crossing the center line going about my work for maybe another 10-15 seconds until I decide to get over into my lane and pull off to the shoulder to let him by (the roads are somewhat narrow). Remember, the whole time I am doing this I have my emergency blinkers on... Mainly so when cars do see me they know I'm actually trying to accomplish something and not just playing slalom with the broken center line. The trucks slows right down to an almost crawl as it passes me (I'm to busy reading my route list to give much of a care at that point...) He passes me and I go about my business again... No more than 5 seconds later I look back and see this truck turn around and fly up on my ***... Of courses the first thing that comes out of my mouth is "you ****ing *******, what do you want." Anyhow, I pull off to the side of the road to drop a paper off and allow him to pass me... But he doesn't... He gets right up on my *** and blasts his high-beams into my car... I drive a 1994 Honda Prelude so it's fairly low to the ground, and to the point where I have nothing blocking his lights... Damn near blinds me for a minute... Next thing I hear is a door opening and slaming shut... That right there is my que to hit the gas and take off... I had no idea what his problem was/is and did not want to find out either... Anyways, I go around a corner and turn into a housing development where I have yet more papers to deliver... I'm not even 2 minutes into the area until I see the same truck fly by the road that brings you to the housing development, and then the sounds of screatching tires... Yes, that's right... Here he comes down the road.... At this point I'm pretty pissed off so I pull over and get out while holding my Louisville slugger which I keep behind my drivers seat... He drives up to me, gets out of his car and comes after me yelling and screaming about how I drive like a maniac and almost killed him... Which of course I didn't.. I didn't once come close to hitting him and gave him more than a quarter of mile before I pulled over to the side of the road... He stopped in his tracks right before I was going to pull my bat out and take a swing at him... That's when he informed me that if he had his rifle with him he would of shot me as he drove by me originally... He also took the time to tell me that he'll be traveling these same roads tomorrow at the same-time looking for my stupid ***, and if he see's me driving like I was just then he'd kill me...

So, tonight I either go to work armed to the teeth, or I go in a little bit early and get my **** done before he comes out to play... I'm telling you, some people are just *******s... Any bull**** excuse to start ****... ****ing Mainahs...

wait wait...lemme get this straight....he was driving a truck...and you were driving a prelude....and he said that YOU almost KILLED him?? that must be some killer prelude!!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:31 AM

Originally posted by ProricanRacer
... that must be some killer prelude!!
no pun intended...
Old 01-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

that must be some killer prelude!!
Old 01-05-2004, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe the trucker was afraid he might launch off your hood and fly
Old 01-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
Maybe the trucker was afraid he might launch off your hood and fly
More likely he was just a hard-*** ***** who felt like getting off by scaring someone.

He says, hey look, a stupid kid driving his nice little car. I'm gonna go scare the **** out of him for ****s and giggles.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:02 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 95_240SXSE
More likely he was just a hard-*** ***** who felt like getting off by scaring someone.

He says, hey look, a stupid kid driving his nice little car. I'm gonna go scare the **** out of him for ****s and giggles.

hmm. i'm going to have to disagree with you on this one
Old 01-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

wait wait...lemme get this straight....he was driving a truck...and you were driving a prelude....and he said that YOU almost KILLED him?? that must be some killer prelude!!
was your prelude hooked up like a moster truck?? or made of that stuff that armored trucks are made of??
Old 01-05-2004, 11:20 PM
Contributing Member

and i herd.. in LA.. if them 'vato locos' drive wid their lights off.. you flash yer high beams to tell em their lights are off.. they turn around and bust a cap.. but yeah..
Old 01-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ixcocoyxi
and i herd.. in LA.. if them 'vato locos' drive wid their lights off.. you flash yer high beams to tell em their lights are off.. they turn around and bust a cap.. but yeah..
jeez that must be the oldes Urban Legend in the world right there...
Old 01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by l2aine
jeez that must be the oldes Urban Legend in the world right there...
yeah. a dumb one at that