Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Moving to Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Moving to Socal?

Wutsup fellas~

So I'm getting pretty sick of the cold and the wheel bustin' potholes of NE. Thinking about heading out west and working/living out there for a while. For those of 'ya already out there~ feel free to chime in on any rants, raves, suggestions. Let me know what you guys like, don't like about the west coast~ Socal in particular.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Socal sucks.

To much pollution, cops are jerks. Everything is illegal.

Chicks are hotter so thats a plus. All the radiation i guess.

Its really expensive to live out here, alot of bums.

I think i will move to oregon.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

come to the south instead
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

SoCAL is terrible.

Everything IS Illegal, even if its not..it will be soon enough.

Move to nevada..it's the new socal.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member

Keira Knightley lives in Los Angeles at the moment, so I'm not leaving yet LOL

If you're looking for change, SoCal is good. Don't listen to the people who say SoCal sucks - I mean, I say SoCal sucks too but hey - I lived here practically my whole life.

You get beaches, snow-covered mountains (usually), desert area, and cow area all within driving distance. You also get Hollywood (where there's nothing like it anywhere else) and the worldwide center for weekly police chases.

Traffic sucks but I have to admit I've seen worse (like Chicago).

HEY there's always Disneyland, Magic Mountain, Knott's Berry Farm, Universal Studios, California Adventure, Raging Waters, Sea World (down the coast a little)... so many theme parks to go to if you like spending $.

If you're into HIN the good hoochies come out to L.A. shows LMAO

We also have Irwindale Speedway (only D1 event in the U.S. for now), California Speedway, Willow Springs Raceway, and Buttonwillow...

...we also have the lamest smog laws on the planet, cops who watch way too many Vin Deisel movies, illegal aliens trying to get drivers licenses, and a terminator as governor (but for how long?)

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Did I mention, Keira Knightley lives in L.A.? That's like TWENTY MINUTES FROM MY HOUSE!!!! (Um, no traffic, at like 3am in the morning, in something with at least 300hp) LOL
Old 01-11-2006, 05:00 PM

move to ny its better than dum ol cali lol
Old 01-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributing Member

go south... cali is expensive, lots of foreigners, lots of poeple, everythings illegal... thats why we moved
Old 01-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by nsn240
lots of foreigners

uh...
Old 01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

Raine pretty much summed up the good, and the bad. We have GREAT roads to drive, which is a huge plus for me Our weather sucks, raining one day, cloudy and freezing in the morning, sunny and hot in the day.

The biggest minus, it's so god damn expensive in most areas.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

hmm... thanks for the info guys. I'm probably going to try to get out there sometime this summer~ I figure if I really don't like it, I can always move back. I know things are pretty expensive, but believe me Boston and NYC are on equal par. In all honesty I just want to get out there for a change of scenery and for the roads (roads here just suck~ and they're death to cars). I've spent the last 20 years of my life on the east coast so it's time to try something else for a change.

*edit* how much you guys pay for sales tax, and state income?

Last edited by CowboyTurbo; 01-11-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Sales tax differs from county to county. LA County is 8.25.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:44 PM

Originally posted by silviaks2nr
come to the south instead
I don't really think the south is that great. I mean, traffic around Atlanta is downright horrible. Not to mention, housing around here is getting terribly exspensive as well. Not just for a house with a nice yard, no, its more like $180k+ for a new two story house with a itty bitty yard. I would live somewhere with some nice mountains that don't have many people using the roads around the mountains frequently. Whats it like in North Carolina?

But yeah, California's emissions laws are so strict now, I don't know how some people can get some cars to pass. Not to mention you get all the people that will follow the latest trend now and just jump to the next one later.

*cough* emo kids *cough*
Old 01-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Depends on where you live in NC, houses range from very affordable to multi millions (Charlotte mainly). personally i would rather have a smaller house on more land than a larger house on a 1/2 acre lot. Property value is appreciating very quickly just outside of Charlotte where I live (quadroupled in value within 10 years on 17 acres here). Although it is becoming a metro-haven I think NC has alot to offer, moutains, beach skiing etc. and the people here are fairly considerate to others unlike yankeeville.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

it's sticky hot during the summers in the south though... although I gotta say southern girls sure are nice.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:12 AM

Hello?! Come to Arizona. We have the following seasons;

- Warm
- Mild
- SCORCHING hot

But, the scorching hot isn't even that bad. My first summer here with 115 degree days, I still didn't use the AC in my car. The only time we have humidity is during monsoon season. It lasts from end of June to mid-August. It's not even that bad either.

It's really gorgeous here too. It's unbelievable. But, there are a lot of stupid people here. That's the only downfall.

Quick Reply: Moving to Socal?