Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Moving to Socal?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
How's the traffic? How much would rent be for a 1 bedroom + parking? Not balla stylez crib, but you know something decent...
Well traffic in Frisco during the morning commute is compared to that of L.A. Anywhere outside the city of Frisco it is smooth accept for when there is the occasional accidents, or rush hour traffic in some parts of the bay.
My pad is pretty baller I have a 2bedroom, free parking spot, water, and garbage $1195 for 980sq/ft. A one bedroom in the area I live around go between $700~$900.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 03-27-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

sweet deal~ I'll have to look into Frisco some more...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

^^^^Be sure to look into the Valley too....where i live....its in the middle of everything. Two hours from the bay, the Capitol, and about 5-6 from LA which is not so bad. Traffic is soso...

Housing is cheaper but is also slowly raising. There are still cheap places t live though. Example...my sis lives in an apartment complex. Two bedroom, two bath 1200 square feet for about 600 a month. Very nice too, no roaches lol... Yaya....

The bad....Modesto is the auto theft capital of the country. Air quality sucks..umm thats about it...i think. I like it.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:50 PM

Lived in the Central Valley, nothing to do out there but get high. Anywhere where the highlight of the year is the County Fair, none for me thanks.

SoCal is the place to be.

I pay $900 a month for a 1 bed, and I live in the O.C. If you go to the dirt ppl area (909/951; Riverside/San Bernardino Area) it's pretty cheap to live out there, I was thinking of moving there. I've seen 3 bedroom apartments for the same $ that BigVinnie is paying for 2. Like Raine said, everything is within driving distance. You don't really run out of things to do. There's always SOMETHING going on in either direction. If you live in San Bernardino, you're like 3 hours away from Vegas (roughly).

About the foreigner thing, look at it this way- You get to screw different ethnicities of chicks without all the hassle of traveling to different countries.

Oh, and SF= lots and lots of gay people.

(Disclaimer: this is not any type of discrimination against gay people.)
Old 03-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

lol, thanks for all the replies. I was in O.C this past Saturday and it definitely seemed like a chill place. $900 for a 1 bedroom is not bad at all. They pretty much run around $1300-$1600 in Boston.

My first priority right now is my career, and I'm not having much luck landing any good offers up here. I'm working a contract position right now, but I'm planning on moving out there sometime during the summer (unless I get a really really good offer to stay here). There are only a few financial services companies in/around LA with offices doing the type of work I'm pursuing, (SF has a lot more). So I'll have to see how I make out.

I would have to say the two things that struck me the most about my trip to LA was the traffic and the weather. I don't think I've ever been anywhere else where there were so many cars. Old ones, new ones, pretty much everything. I'd never seen so many nice cars~ more Benzos than I can count (the only other place that had that many was Hong Kong). I counted 10 Ferraris over the course of four days including a F50. Two Murcielago's within 30 seconds of each other, and friggin' Bentley flying around the 405. Gas prices were a bit high though, especially considering you guys have to drive to get anywhere.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:30 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
My first priority right now is my career, and I'm not having much luck landing any good offers up here. I'm working a contract position right now
If you know your shiat on stocks and bonds, my boy Brian started a consulting firm. If thats your type of deal P.M me. He can probably get you started at 50,000 Salary. He took all the money he could (mortgage and the bank) to start his company, and has already made a profit margin of half a Million in the last few months.
If you do well he is very generous, but you should work on your lisence. Then you can ball a cool half a mill and retire like he is doing pretty soon. Brians 32......
Old 03-29-2006, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

lol, never would've guessed I'd get a hook up from the forums. Big V, your PM Inbox is full.

Last edited by CowboyTurbo; 03-29-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:39 PM

PM is clear hit me up. My bad......
Or you can email me at Bigvinnieproduction@hotmail.com
Old 03-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Contributing Member

K, PM sent.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Fast1One
^^^^Be sure to look into the Valley too....where i live....its in the middle of everything. Two hours from the bay, the Capitol, and about 5-6 from LA which is not so bad. Traffic is soso...

Housing is cheaper but is also slowly raising. There are still cheap places t live though. Example...my sis lives in an apartment complex. Two bedroom, two bath 1200 square feet for about 600 a month. Very nice too, no roaches lol... Yaya....

The bad....Modesto is the auto theft capital of the country. Air quality sucks..umm thats about it...i think. I like it.
where in the hhell does your sister live? i pay $625 for a one bedroom apartment! my gf's car has been broken in to 3 times in less than a 12 month span. once my lease is up, i'll be moving out. I'm trying to find a new place as we speak.

CowboyTurbo, SF isn't that bad with hills. there's only certain areas that are up down up down. downtown SF is mainly flat streets, but gets congested during rush hours. plenty of mountain roads to go on and LA is only 4hours away. I'm thinking of moving to the bay myself since I'm there pretty much every weekend. I live about 1-1.5hours from it. good luck with your decision
Old 04-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

thanx naptime~ welcome back. you've been MIA for a while.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

thanks, man. i just barely got internet again so i'll be whoring it up here and there to catch up haha. it's good to be online again! woot!