Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

my 2 alien theories

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 08:15 PM

'member that law "for every action there's an equal opposite reaction," well scientist say the big bang theory cant work 'cause its something from nothing. So this scientist believe that theres another theory like chocolate. You know how the universe is always spreading like it has energy. its weird i know but the scientist has a degree
Old 02-24-2003, 01:51 AM

putting things in perspective...

Originally posted by INFINITI
Has anybody gotten dizzy from juss thinkin how big the Universe is? And think: If there was no universe what is there left? Freakin freaky if u ask me.
Yeah, I've gotten dizzy thinking about it. I had this great map when I was in high school, it was from a National Geographic article on efforts underway (I think it was the early 80s) to map the sky completely. The fold-out map they included, actually it was a poster, and on one side it showed progressively where our planetary system fits in with the rest of the known universe.

First our solar system, then where our system is in the Milky Way, then where the Milky Way is in the local cluster of galaxies, then where "our" local galaxy cluster is in the local supercluster, and so on until we're lookin at quasars and stuff at the "edge" of the universe. It was truly dizzying.

I used to look at that poster every morning before school - it really put 2nd period English into perspective.

M.
Old 02-24-2003, 06:52 AM

Okay once again i really do NOT think time travel is possible, but these are only theories and may or may not be accurate

And the referal to the law that states that every action has an equal and oppostie reaction is referring to Newton' 3rd law. This law is only used when forced is involved. When a force is exerted on an object the object exerts that same force but in the oppostite direction

Ex: My fist hits the wall, the wall hits my fist

Last edited by amplesx; 02-24-2003 at 07:03 AM.