Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

how about some advice? (little bit long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 11:49 AM

how about some advice? (little bit long)

o0k..

so i want to ask this woman out who i work with.
but iuhno if i should go for it.

see, i like her ALOT and would love to take her out, but i don't think she's into me at all.

we've barely said 2 words to eachother in the entire 2 years we've worked together (she works upstaires in the design house, i work on the press floor) so that might be a drawback.

she's like the woman of my dreams.. smart, funny and frackin gorgeous.

the only drawback, i'm only 21 and she's 25. now i know thats not a big dewal, and it';s not a big deal to her, but i think thats what would hold me back.
anyways, everyone at work says i should go for it, but i don't know if i should, because i don't want her to stop talking to me all together.

and i REALLY don't want the finger pointing and laughing if (more like when) she turns me down.

what should i do? ask her out and probably be heart-broken and embaressed.. or forget about it and just ask her.

(i guess i should also point-out.. i'm NEVER shy around woman, this one just has this power over me.. i always get shy and intimidated around her)

Old 02-17-2003, 01:03 PM

bro... go for it. you only live once. dont live regretting that you didnt try to do something. if she turns your offer down, so what, at least you tried right? at least you can live knowing that you tried. So i say, just go and try before its too late.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Re: how about some advice? (little bit long)

Originally posted by albert
so i want to ask this woman out who i work with.
but iuhno if i should go for it.

we've barely said 2 words to eachother in the entire 2 years we've worked together

the only drawback, i'm only 21 and she's 25. now i know thats not a big dewal

and i REALLY don't want the finger pointing and laughing if (more like when) she turns me down.

ha ha ha...alright

1st off, you should NEVER ask a chick out that you work with...if it ends, the work relationship will suffer and ultimately one of you will have to quit if the relationship ends

if you have been working with her for 2 years, and you haven't spoken....it should be a good indication that she's probably not intrested in you like that....most girls i know would have made a move by now, and IF she does like you, would you really want a girl who is so not assertive? its like she's afraid to stand up and get what she wants (again, this is assuming she's intersted)

the age is a bit much, considering she's the older one. how many girls do you know that are dating a younger guy? and how many girls do you know that would actaully tell their friends they were dating a much younger guy?

and if your already afraid that she's going to just 'laugh and point' then honestly, why bother?

move on. theres millions of other fish in the sea....and besides, no one says you can't think of her when your jacking off

Old 02-17-2003, 04:29 PM

I saw talk to her first and see how things go. If you are afraid of her then it won't work and she will laugh and point. I have seen some nasty dudes with some hot girls before. Don't get me wrong or anything but you know when you see a real ugly dude. Most girls just like to be talked to and a guy who will listen (ummm ok). But its true. If you are just gonna stare at her and say one day I will ask her out it then you will get nowhere. So I say talk to her and if she kinda rushes and seems like she don't wanna talk then buddy, there are plenty of fish in the sea. If she seems like she wants to talk to you then go for it. Age isn't really that big of deal. I had a friend who was dating 28 year old when he was only 20. Especially once you reach that 21, age really don't mean as much.

Chad
Old 02-17-2003, 04:53 PM

geeze, these have to be the most honest and intelligent answers i've heard.
thanks guys.

i know it sounds a little highschool-ish

i think maybe i'll just get to know her alot more, and see what i can do from that.

i really don't know what i was thinking haha
Old 02-22-2003, 04:30 PM

Go for it man, if she is the woman of your dreams than the work relationship should not matter. I am currently going through something similar. I really want to ask this girl out, but i do not talk to her near as much as I would like to, and when i do i have to struggle not to say something stupid.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:28 PM

Get a group of people from work to go out and do something and invite her along. That way you can see how she acts outside of the work environment. Normally, I would agree with Leif and say don't date in the workplace. It creates unwanted stress on the job, and in the relationship. But if you've been infatuated with her for 2 years then...why not at least see what there is to offer. You never know, once you get her out of the workplace she could be totally the opposite of what you thought. Better to find out about her personal life before you ask her out, break up with her, get that fatal attraction thing going on...ya dig?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:04 AM

female politics

get the girl talking and laughing. that is key. the circumstances here will not matter as much if you do those 2 things. once the talking and laughing happen, and you feel it grabbing her, she's relaxed around you and more open. and be yourself. there are enough sheep out there. and she can tell, if she's worth it at all, if you're fake.

and it is not your fault you are 21. you cannot help that. so just keep going. she may be, at the least, a good test-bed for skills.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Dave41079
Get a group of people from work to go out and do something and invite her along. That way you can see how she acts outside of the work environment. But if you've been infatuated with her for 2 years then...why not at least see what there is to offer. You never know, once you get her out of the workplace she could be totally the opposite of what you thought. Better to find out about her personal life before you ask her out, break up with her, get that fatal attraction thing going on...ya dig?

oh my god....this is perfect! this is THE advise you MUST listen to

Dave...this is for you, you've earned it
Old 02-24-2003, 06:31 AM

Awww shucks....thanks... I don't know how I give such great advice and seem to be inevitably single. I guess I'm just too damn picky.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:06 AM

thanks guys

been talking to her a bit every now and then when i get the chance.

the other day she was talking to another guy i work with and she sort of yelled to him just as i walked by that she couldn't find a date for some fucntion while the whole time looking at me dead in the eye. a hint maybe?

ah well, i'll keep you posted