Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

The new GT-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member

im sure mines will tune it to be even nastier then it already is

and true that batto
Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM
Contributing Member

dude it has nothing to do with fanboys totally..

i said fanboy because people are just shouting the car out just because they think they know what its about... with my driving style i rely on skill more than power so i could careless dude...

end rant lol

ps

you relize for a caliber car like that.. you will only be able to test drive if you have intent to buy it

your not jermy clark.. you didn't drive it along with tons of other super cars... what facts do you have to back your reason....

and then stig enters.
Old 02-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Contributing Member

Name:  jpstig.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  34.4 KB

nuff said

no but really read the review Jeremy gave it
http://www.topgear.com/content/featu...ries/07/1.html
Old 02-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

god..i am in love with the red R35..

stig is my hero
Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 AM

the red really suits the car. and about test drives, wud they be that hard to get? a couple months ago here in south florida, people cud test drve the IS-F. and yesterday 25 E92 M3's were being test driven at braman BMW. I remember hearing that Nissan wud have a 911 on hand to compare some time.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:20 AM

On paper and in the seat, I guess the car is pretty decent, in hindsight however, I can see that, being a Nissan, there are a lot of things that are just waiting to fail out.

I don't like this car for the same reason I don't like the Evo VIII and IX, too many gadgets and too many "aids" getting in the way of a driver's true skill. Personally, I think that if a person doesn't know how to properly brake going into a turn, they deserve to crash if they overcook. I don't believe that someone who is a complete basketcase with driving skill should be able to complete a turn because the car is smarter than the driver. That's what's wrong with racing today, instead of depending on driver skill, we're depending on the skill of the engineer in the lab coat.

That said, the GT-R is a great car and will personally prove that Nissan has what it takes to compete with exotics. Having said THAT, this still is a Nissan and thus will probably have the build quality of an Inifini at best speaking in a manner of interior and Nissan's reputation for outward finish will probably shine through here as well.

Is it at the top of my list of cars to buy, no. Is it ON my list of cars to buy . . .yes. Can I afford one . . .probably, but I wouldn't be able to afford much else. But I guess when you have a car that's smarter than most super computers, you don't really need much else.

Wow, I can really go on for days as to why this car is going to be the crutch of the racing world, but I won't! It's no secret that I'm a fan of driver skill vs. tuner credit, but I guess there has to be a balance somewhere. This car doesn't meet that balance, however, perhaps once Nissan starts realizing that electronics in vehicles are prone to pre-mature failure, they'll start moving away from the Mercedes route. Per Reuters, the average expectancy of a Mercedes made after 2000 is 3 years before a major repair is required to the electrical or suspension system. Nissan has been doing pretty decent with cars as of late, lets hope that the gadgetry of the R35 doesn't bring any discredit.

As I tell Lincoln and Mercury fans, "Highest in Initial Quality is just that . . .Initial!" This car will be great, but how long will that greatness last and will you feel you've gotten your money's worth if it has to go in for service twice a year.

-Stig
Old 02-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Contributing Member

nissan so far has made good electronics i had a 80 somthing Datsun 300zx come to my shop the other day it was fully loaded from factory and every thing still worked and i mean everything.

it had stuff u wouldnt expect to see in a 1980s car digital boost gauge in cluster, electric seats, digital G-force meter, electronic suspension and yes it was all stock from factory and it all worked i was very impressed
Old 02-17-2008, 04:22 PM

DAM I like the new skylines. But I like the R33 or R32 better.

Last edited by 94Boy; 02-17-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 04:35 PM

I would have expected nothing more out of the above post . . . .

-Stig
Old 02-17-2008, 04:37 PM
Contributing Member

personly..if i was going to buy a GTR...it would be a R32..

but, thats just me..and thats not saying that the other R-Chassis is any better or any worse..i just like the 32
Old 02-17-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
I would have expected nothing more out of the above post . . . .

-Stig
Well these post do not count so and I was saying somtehing so

Any way this is what most will look like http://www.nagtroc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20983
Old 02-17-2008, 06:34 PM

the r32 is nice, but seriously it's what a 16 year old chassis now?

new evo would run circles around an r32.

exige > all
Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

bro please tell me you are joking........ people please don't neglect driver skill....

wtf. lol.... now age makes a car bad.... there is this thing called modification and restoration .. but i forget many people dont race cars...... they simply throw mods at it and say what it could do....

ps

in my street/road racing days.. i killed early evos and wrx on back roads... whats that saying... my 89 s13 is not better pound for pound but im better ..... that is all

and trust me.. when i get my gts-t ill have video of me getting better times on a course then a NEW evo... hahaha... and the average evo owner *****es about not being able to mod because the payments and insurance swamps them...

ahhh im done here.... nothing against you Bumnah... but thats just not a good justification with age.. new is Not better.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
bro please tell me you are joking........ people please don't neglect driver skill....

wtf. lol.... now age makes a car bad.... there is this thing called modification and restoration .. but i forget many people dont race cars...... they simply throw mods at it and say what it could do....

ps

in my street/road racing days.. i killed early evos and wrx on back roads... whats that saying... my 89 s13 is not better pound for pound but im better ..... that is all

and trust me.. when i get my gts-t ill have video of me getting better times on a course then a NEW evo... hahaha... and the average evo owner *****es about not being able to mod because the payments and insurance swamps them...

ahhh im done here.... nothing against you Bumnah... but thats just not a good justification with age.. new is Not better.
i agree 1973 Hakosuka GT-R > all
Old 02-18-2008, 03:35 AM
Contributing Member

HAHA.. no argument there.. that car is pure sex