Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

The "RICE" Theory

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Friends who know nothing about cars is definitely an influence on the "ricers" Remember you can't grow a grain of rice, but a whole lot of it end up coming out. so they do travel in bunches.
Old 09-26-2002, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Hey there is a squirrel for every nut.

I find it funny when I hang out with my homegirls. They love cars that I consider RICEY.

I am also going to move this to Off Topic.
Old 09-27-2002, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by rbboyl
The general public also helps grow "Rice."
A lot of people who don't know about cars are impressed by rice. I was walking with my friend the other day and we pass an eclipse with a huge double decker wing and body kit and my friend says, "now thats a nice car" (right after getting out of mine, which i interpretted as, "now thats a nicer car than yours.")

I didnt really care what he said, I could have probably dusted that eclipse. But it goes to show that a majority of the people judge by the outside, because they don't know what else there is. I think that encourages rice. Just putting in my .02
i'm totally with you on that. i HATE it when a lime green civic with a 40 pound wing rolls by and some idiot next to me go's "wow! what a nice car!" (i won't even get into the whole FF/rear wing thing)

people don't seem to understand that a body kit does absolutely nothing for you horsepower. no matter what you do to your car on the outside, if you don't back it up with some real power it's still going to look like to anyone who actually knows what they're doing.

If even half of the general public knew ANYTHING about real cars there would be no more ricers.

anyway, that makes $0.04 between the two of us.
Old 09-27-2002, 11:08 AM

okk...
those big aluminum wings dont weight 40 lbs..
hell they dont even weight 10 lbs most of them...
and fiberglass wings are heavier...
but who gives two shakes of a nut
and believe it or not
fwd cars do benefit from rear spoilers..
lets take of example.... speed world cup cars.. touring division...
or how about fwd drag racing..
Old 09-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Regulate

If they only knew that a wing that big causes more drag...making you go slower!
Old 09-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Contributing Member

A stock motored civic with a bodykit and wing is never going to see speeds where the wing makes a lick of difference.

Hell, most of them still have the stock tires/steel wheels... seems like that would be a good way to improve traction before adding a wing.

And as for race cars using them - THEY'RE RACE CARS. I think that would put them outside the realm of our little 'rice discussion'. Since everything about a race car is meant to make it faster - you will have to assume that the team did testing and decided this modification would make them faster through their course.

-Justin
www.saltgod.org
Old 10-01-2002, 01:09 PM

i, just like the rest of you cant stand riceboys, i think what they need to realize is that if you take a stock civic and add a huge wing giant wheels and a gay a** body kit your car will be beat by my moms completely stock civic, and i am not sure but that should be enough proof for them to realize that their car sense should be dragged out back and beaten with a hose. and i know that some of these rice boys argue that they arent into speed and they only like the looks of cars, well thats bull, cause jdm style is undoubtedly a million times better then the crap they put on their cars, the only reason they dont do it is cause they are to lazy to actually work to make enough money to make their cars legitametly nice looking.
and on another note, someone comented earlier about pink being on a car, maybe it shouldnt be on a civic but some of the coolest cars ever made by RE Amemiya are pink and they rock.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:46 AM
Regulate

Well, hmm, I have to confess, I do have rice in my car. My underdash neons. I think they look cool personally. Make fun of me if you want.
Old 10-02-2002, 09:15 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rbboyl
Well, hmm, I have to confess, I do have rice in my car. My underdash neons. I think they look cool personally. Make fun of me if you want.

hey man.. whatever floats your boat... its not that bad.... but how well do u have them tucked in ? i hear people always crack them etc...
Old 10-03-2002, 11:52 AM
Regulate

The drivers side one is really tucked in and all wires hidden, but the one on the passenger side fell, so its just sitting on the floor right now. Nobody cracked it yet luckily.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:57 PM
Contributing Member

its not nobody that does it, its the damn roads that crack them.. my boy had them under his car... and like a week later one stopped working... we took a look and there was a crack in the tube...
Old 10-03-2002, 01:18 PM

Originally posted by agressiveracing
okk...
those big aluminum wings dont weight 40 lbs..
hell they dont even weight 10 lbs most of them...
and fiberglass wings are heavier...
but who gives two shakes of a nut
and believe it or not
fwd cars do benefit from rear spoilers..
lets take of example.... speed world cup cars.. touring division...
or how about fwd drag racing..
...because all of our common ricers are hitting those 170mph+ speeds, right?
Old 10-16-2002, 03:53 PM

Attached Thumbnails The "RICE" Theory-69.jpg  

Last edited by boro240; 10-16-2002 at 03:55 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 04:00 PM
Contributing Member

good one... i love the simpsons...
Old 10-16-2002, 04:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by boro240
That is classic. I love that. And yes I agree the Simpsons have some of the best writing. All those years on the TV and they are still fresh.

Remember when they took out The Cosby Show?

Quick Reply: The "RICE" Theory