Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Stupid honda's

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 10:52 AM

what is you guys true definition of being riced...
just curious about what is the standard of being riced...
Old 04-15-2003, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

Rice = misleading, unfunctional, distasteful "modifications". Usually just plain ugly.
Old 04-15-2003, 12:23 PM

Rice to me is:

Putting parts on your car to make it look fast, but not doing anything to make it faster.
Doing a modification JUST to make your car louder.
Doing a modification JUST because other people do it too.

If the part serves a real function and doesnt actually make you slower, then its ok as far as I am concerned. I think its cool that people build show only cars...but in the process it would make sense to do some go fast mods too...cause honestly, isn't that what its all about? The total package?
Old 04-15-2003, 05:55 PM

You guys should visit www.riceboypage.com lots a rice in there. Hondas really are great cars and it's a shame what retarted people do to them.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:34 PM

Yeah, I think every car tuner in the world has been to that page at least once. You will notice that its not just Hondas on there...everything from neons to civics to camry's to ferrari's get riced...that page proves my point exactly!
Old 04-15-2003, 09:59 PM

sweet, finally riceboy page's back up
Old 04-15-2003, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by wushu4u
Yeah, I think every car tuner in the world has been to that page at least once. You will notice that its not just Hondas on there...everything from neons to civics to camry's to ferrari's get riced...that page proves my point exactly!

ferraris?..........with TYPE-R stickers?
Old 04-15-2003, 11:16 PM

hey i met a dude with civic hb with huge front IC...
so i started talking to him...
guess what... he doesnt even have a turbo...
he probably stole it...
Old 04-15-2003, 11:50 PM

Listen, I own a 1995 240SX and I love it alot. I have a friend with a 1993 Fastback, and I like it just as much as my car, Nissans are great cars all around, but you do have to respect properly built Hondas. I was actually going to purchase an Integra Type R when I decided I'd like to start drifting, so I got the 240, but there are guys with Hondas that do not get the respect they deserve because some people are so close minded. My sisters boyfriend had a white turbo Del Sol putting 280hp to the wheels, and in that little rollerskate of a body it f***in MOVED! And there are also NA Honda's that are strong *** cars. What I'm trying to say, if it's riced, it's riced.. there is no changing that, but don't classify all Hondas the same. That little kid that got his liscense a month ago and wants APC stickers all over his ride is not the same as a true Honda enthusiast who know what they are doing. Anyway, 240's are awesome, but atleast know every aspect of somthing before you talk crap about it.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:09 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. And as for the ferrari that I was talking about...the owner had put a porshe "TURBO" emblem on the car, but when coaxed to open it up...lack of turbo was verified.

Originally posted by DriftS14
... but there are guys with Hondas that do not get the respect they deserve because some people are so close minded. My sisters boyfriend had a white turbo Del Sol putting 280hp to the wheels, and in that little rollerskate of a body it f***in MOVED! And there are also NA Honda's that are strong *** cars. What I'm trying to say, if it's riced, it's riced.. there is no changing that, but don't classify all Hondas the same. That little kid that got his liscense a month ago and wants APC stickers all over his ride is not the same as a true Honda enthusiast who know what they are doing. Anyway, 240's are awesome, but atleast know every aspect of somthing before you talk crap about it.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:09 AM

yea, most of the posts i do are in school (bored, nothing to do ), anyways theres this kid in the class im in right now that is actually trying to argue a carbon fiber hood as a "performance enhancement", his favorite movie is also The Fast and the Furious...and he drives like a 88 accord with only 1 mod! An extremely loud exhaust, my car has an apexi n1 with a silencer and it is nowhere near as loud as his
Old 04-17-2003, 10:14 AM

First of all Fast and the Furious was not a movie. That was all walks of Rice joining together to ruin the movie and import enthusiest industry. LoL. But a have a carbon fiber hood I belive is a good investment, atleast for people who really want that extra advantedge of having a hood that is about 40lbs maybe even lighter than a stock hood. Not to mention, when put on the right car, they look HOT!! So that kid is HALF right about it being a "performance" mod, only becuase it's less weight you have to drag around. But he lost all cool points cause he like F & F. LOSER!!
Old 04-17-2003, 10:16 AM

"Wait don't race him!! He's got 100k worth of work on that car!! You can't beat him!!"
Old 04-17-2003, 11:46 AM

Carbon Fiber is definitely a Performance Mod in the sense that it does loose an aweful lot of weight, hence speeding up the car a fraction of a second. I know on the prelude the Regular hood swap to Carbon Fiber Saves close to 60-75 LBS!
Old 04-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Contributing Member

I'd say most carbon fiber hoods are for looks. Unless you get a very very expensive one they're only carbon fiber wrapped onto fiberglass. Inwhich case a normal fiberglass hood would be lighter.

Quick Reply: Stupid honda's