Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Stupid honda's

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 12:10 PM

True...but in actuality, even the "carbon fiber glass" hoods are lighter than stock...so one way or the other it should in theory classify as weight reduction.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:23 PM
Contributing Member

i can't believe that, in this day and age, there is so much debate about rice, what's fast, what's not, which companies rock, and which companies suck... i completely agree with what someone said earlier about rice coming in many varieties. it isn't just honda, it's ford, gm, toyota, mitsubishi, opel, vauxhall, vw, ferrari, or any other kinda car that people own and make mods to that don't improve the performance whatsoever, but would like you to think so (even our beloved nissan). and the whole comparing different classes of cars thing (i.e. civics to vipers, vw golfs to ferraris) is pretty dumb too. in stock form, there's no contest half the time. yeah, i saw the video where the civic took out the viper. anybody wanna bet me $500 that it was a stock civic? bottom line is, it's pointless. just about any (performance) modded car can be made to take out just about any stock car. just takes time, parts, and dough. sorry, but if the manufacturer intended the vehicle (in stock form, mind you) to be a simple, economic grocery-getter, why herald it as one of the greatest performance cars on the planet (as i've seen done before)? that wasn't the intended role of that particular vehicle, but hell, kudos to you if you can make it haul some ***. ok, so what you can take a $13,000 car, add $20,000 worth of mods (just throwing around some figures, folks), and smoke a $100,000 car? i'm thinking that it's more of the car's exclusiveness and prestige of the model or make that warrants the high price tag (along with other factors like body composition, fancy high-tech electronics, luxury items, whether or not the vehicle was hand built, etc). like someone said in another forum, at the end of the day, i'm sure that the guy in the *insert-exotic-here* gets more attention than the guy in the *insert-compact-car-here*.

to make a long post really, really short, various car companies and their cars can compared in many different categories. but to say that company a is better than company b overall, to me, is no more than a matter of personal opinion and not based in fact. i find it silly to compare cars when they are taken out of context (or intended purpose). oh, and i pretty much agree with those who say rice = all show + no go while trying to convince others that it can go. "show cars" are fine, but don't be frontin like it's fast when it ain't!
Old 04-17-2003, 02:27 PM

enough said
Old 04-17-2003, 03:31 PM

can you S**t faster on that
Old 04-17-2003, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

It lightens the toilet so it performs better.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:05 PM

Yea man, but after eating some mexican food, you should probably put some Takata Harnesses on that Bizach!! That stuff is NOS for your bung hole!
Old 04-17-2003, 11:12 PM

what is rice?

Also i dont think that civics are the scorce of negativity. I think its the people who drive them. Without a great understand of civics with the money to back it up they are eco cars. Yet these guys go out of their way to defend them and say their cars are better than everything else.

Also you guys are disscussing all these numbers/stats this and that civic did, please give me the url to these aligations. I only take things into account if they are legit
Old 04-18-2003, 11:05 AM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
It lightens the toilet so it performs better.

you know what i was thinking how bout
CARBON FIBER SHOES...makes you run faster and jump higher...
Old 04-20-2003, 10:06 PM

woooo now i got an 00 si but i'm trading it for a 93 240 with a sr20det in it guess we're not all dumb hey
Old 04-21-2003, 05:31 AM

exactly how was it used a couple of years ago?
Old 04-21-2003, 09:47 AM

why is this in the for sale forum?
Old 04-22-2003, 07:18 AM

looking for something

where can a get a displacement valve

Last edited by Z-bra; 04-22-2003 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:06 PM

sigh..so much unneeded hate towards hondas...too bad people only point out the piece of **** hondas they see on the road..and ignore the nice *** ones cus they don't want to admite hondas are nice...how come i never see anyone point out riced out nissans and toyotas? is it cus they aren't honda?
Old 04-24-2003, 08:54 AM

i'd really have to agree with azian one this one

no matter what kind of car it is somebody is gonna rice it out hell i live in a little redneck town and i've seen old vans riced out with vinals and everything

then it goes the other way some people will take any car and make it into a nice looking car

so don't hate on hondas because they're popular

ps not to knock a 240 but stock to stock a civic si is quicker i belive

Last edited by Surf Ninja; 04-24-2003 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:31 AM

dude, why you guys making such a big deal about this hatin on hondas and riced out cars and blah blah blah blah......
that was not even the point in the first place, when i wrote the first thing i ment i beat every honda and took their emblem as my trophyand if they didnt want to give it up i would catch them without a doubt. if they beat me, i would bounce out the cut because im a drifter and i can do that. sheesh!!!

Quick Reply: Stupid honda's