Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Topic for all my Air Force and Navy members

Old 06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Contributing Member

Topic for all my Air Force and Navy members

This has been bothering me for quite some time...

In recent months, I've been watching the Chinese news stations via satelite. The Chinese have been boasting about their new weapons. The first that my mom happens to be so proud of (she thinks that the Chinese are now going to be the most powerful military in the world... she can keep dreaming...) is the "stealth submarine" This supposed sub that the Chinese claim to now have was reported my the Chinese government to have "snuck up" next to a US Navy ship, emerge out of the water for a short period of time and submerged back into the ocean. They claim the crew aboard the sub saw the US Navy men "in a panic, wondering how this unidentified sub had gotten so close without them knowing..." Personally, I call bs on this one because of the details of how they "snuck up" on the Navy ship.

The second, which I got to actually see this morning, China now claims to have a small jet fighter that can fly in low orbit... the damn thing looks like something you would get from a crackerjack box!

Now I know for damn sure the F22 is NOT the first fighter to have low orbit flight AND combat ability.

Can any of our fellow military members here help me elaborate on this subject? I'd like to sit down at dinner tonight with a little more solid facts about letting my own mother know that no matter how big their military gets over there, we can still get past them and level their entire country quicker than an over night delivery from FedEX. Not to mention if the sub incident actually occured... I still dont believe it.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 PM

I am not part of the military, but I probably know more about foreign military OOB and equipment than almost anyone I know lol. Haven't even heard anything on the fighter, but about the submarine, it is just a Diesel Submarine. They are slightly quieter than Nuclear submarines because when running submerged they run on electric batteries which don't generated any noise, so the only noise comes from the propeller mechanically. Problem is they can't run very long submerged as they have to recharge so it really is less stealthy in the long term as it can't stay on station for very long in "stealth" mode. So on that point it is a half fact.

Diesel attack subs in the Western hemisphere are mostly of German construction as these are the best, you know the whole U-Boat thing has made them pretty good at making them. In almost every NATO war-game, the Diesel subs go undetected. The Chinese subs are either bought from the Russians, or "Chinese built" with most of the actual parts being directly from the Russians or pirated version of those and black market examples of other equipment which may be of German, French, and even American design.

Hope that helped, if you have any other questions just ask.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

............. when it comes down to it.... can they use the power.... the answer is simply no.

as far as fire power NO one can match the U.S military. there are alot of things which i cant speak of to prove this, but just know for whatever they think they have, we have an answer

now on the flip side, a lot of Foreign nations military members are better trained in weapons and hand to hand combat. In some countries regular military members have the skills of special ops guys here in the U.S military. its just our systems are different. people have different jobs and responsibilities and we are the most Dynamic Military in the world hands down.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

yea i agree Big

but i have to add dont think a war with China will be like Grenada they wont be a pushover we would lose many soldiers as good as we might be a war with that many people will not go without blood shed on both sides.

i would rather not fight unless we absolutely had to... the way our economy is now we have to think about America and stop trying to help other countries right now.. btw im not in anyway way saying i dont appreciate what our soldiers do for all of us.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:08 PM

A war with China would be over very quick. Like 30 minutes quick. If it was any longer, we have lost because something has gone horribly wrong.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

yea... cause as you all know... we went into Iraq took it by storm and they were like WTF......

AND THEN.........

someone wanted to make money and decided to stick around and make freaking money off this ****. In this time the medieval iraqi's have adapted to us and are giving us issues, ............................sigh.............

as far as casualties. China has an established military and system unlike the gorilla like Iraqi's we are fighting, Iraq is just like Vietnam on a larger scale. since i have been there, its hard to tell who the enemy is, people evolve from good to bad quickly for money etc. Also it depends on how ( electronic, urban, mountain etc etc ) and where the fight would take place. Basically Air Power would be used in the beginning, not to sound Cocky, but NO Air Force/other military branch in this world has what we have.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 06-25-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:43 AM

The technology china has is stolen or bought from other countries. This means they spend less money on the technology then we do. So they have more resources left over after production than we do. This gives them the advantage of making more for less. With that being said, China is comparable or at least getting real close to our military might. I am not in the military, so I don't know what secret technologies we have. So keeping that in mind I can only think if a full scale war was to break out, we would need a blitzkrieg attack with a HELL of alot of force or we could be in serious trouble. Yeah, if the war is not over quickly we could be ****ed. Our government has to keeps tabs on the chinese military just to make sure we stand a chance. But, it doesn't look like we would ever stop them because of the ruling substance in the world...MONEY.
It all makes perfect sense, expressed in dollars and cents.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Contributing Member

hahhaha lets just say the u.s miltary projects spending cost so that the desk jokies like Stig have something to do... but we really have no "salary cap" lol thats all ill say
Old 06-25-2008, 07:24 AM

ahh. I love the US Chair Force.
and you know where alot of that money they pay you and spend on their projects come from...yep!! CHINA!!!
Speaking from a financial standpoint, all we could do is beg China not to do what they want. we are currently doing that with the Lead toys and poisonous animal food. That situation has been going on for decades, but we say something now because we are trying to devalue them and attempt to regain financial superiority (cause right now the mexicans are waiting for their peso to be worth more than our dollar, scary thought?)
Speaking from the misinformed and manipulated people that is America...we can just nuke them off the face of the earth and while we are at it turn the middle east in to one big sheet of glass.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:06 AM

Everyone I have talked to in the military has said a war with China would be over super quick because we wouldn't **** around. AKA we would do what MacArthur thought we should have done last time we fought them and just nuke them. Though the only feasible reason to go and fight the Chinese is A) They move on Taiwan or B) They move on North Korea. Both are highly probable but are also not very likely to draw enough public sentiment to declare war on them. It would take something like them nuking us or another Pearl Harbor type attack to make us go to war.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:34 AM

I cant disclose too much info but...... when the chinese try to spy on us we usually **** them over to a greater extent (non publicly of course).

But really no modern war with a "developed" country will last too long. With the amount of technology and advanced weapons systems at the hands of modern advanced nations it would be predominantly fought through cyberspace. You make too big of a mistake and it could be over for either country. Physical attacks could take way too much man power and resources (which no country wants to waste in these times) and are generally ineffiecient nowadays (in regard to what could be done in cyberspace to a country as a whole).
Old 06-25-2008, 11:13 AM

I think really the only "Modern War" where it even back and forth was the Falklands, and that was over pretty quickly as the Argentines basically ran out of resources that they could field or were willing to field. So I completely agree with that point darkdrifter.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

yeaup...... cyberwar for sure