Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Venting

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Contributing Member

I worked on and drove both the ap1 and ap2

i prefer the ap1.. yes it a 2.0 and is a little more tail happy, but that's why i like it more. not that i want to drift it, but i like the characteristics when cornering hard.

hope all goes well for you OP.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Bumnah
I'm the same way. I get S2k on my mind and that's all I think about, everything else is so blah.
touché, although i don't believe it's fair to compare two cars from different time lines and price range. i love my s13 more than most love their own mother but lets be realistic. it's primitive in design and uses outdated engineering. the s2k on the other hand is by far a superior automobile but sad to say it's still a honda.

it's not the cars i dislike but the fan boys associated with the cars. every group has it's share of fan boys and elitists but none are more delusional than ones in the honda crowd imo.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 01-18-2009 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:17 AM

^^^^^^^Agreed with this guy ^_~
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM

I'll be honest, 240sx people are by far the most annoying in my book. I've only been to 1 meet with 240sx owners, and 90% of the cars had custom plates that read "Sideways" Slideways" or some variation to that effect. Most of the car were pieced together with no real purpose. I was less than thrilled to be there, but I stuck it out for an hour to be polite to the organizer who was/is my friend.

I haven't followed a car, team, community since my high school days. I learned early on I only like my car and my friends' cars. I'm also 28 so I'm older than most of the crowd, so that plays into it as well. When I buy my Exige I'm sure I'll have similar view point to that crowd as well.

To be fair I've also met a few really dedicated and smart 240sx owners but only online, and few and far between.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

That is very odd considering the amount of well built 240s that come out of MD/VA and Mid Atlantic Motorsports which put out a large number of well built/tuned customer cars.

I cant speak for everyone, but every 240 owner with-in my circle knew their stuff.

I love my car but im not a brand loyal groupie, no matter what the make or model you have them with-in every group. I have gathered that you really hate drifting though lol, not sure why. Hate the posers, not the guys that put lots of time into and are serious about it.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Contributing Member

i dont really know alot of people with 240's i got my mechanic friend i used to work with in Acura he had a s14 now he has a s13 and 1 other friend with a s14 were all boosted lol and they all take from my junkyard... lmao but yea for me drifting seems very fun but its not somthing i can get serious about. its just because i love grip driving, i may have picked the wrong car to do it but hey i work with what i got. there is nothing more exciting to me then a car hauling *** around a track.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM

I believe the big difference between us is our definition of "well built".

I don't know any of the car in the nova area to comment on them being built well or not.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

Well what is your definition of "done right". My view differ from the majority becuase I am active in motorsports. Im not into modifying a car to drive back and fourth to school and work lol.

are you talking a show car?.. if so...... not my cup of tea.

as far as grip batt, the 240 can do it well. It comes down to what you know about suspension tuning.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
Im not into modifying a car to drive back and fourth to school and work lol.
one word, farfegnugen!
it's not just for the germans.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Contributing Member

HAHAHa.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
Well what is your definition of "done right". My view differ from the majority becuase I am active in motorsports. Im not into modifying a car to drive back and fourth to school and work lol.

are you talking a show car?.. if so...... not my cup of tea.

as far as grip batt, the 240 can do it well. It comes down to what you know about suspension tuning.
Defining a well built car is hard to do in one paragraph. I can sum it up if you like.

A car modified so every aspect of it has been improved upon. The car should also be reliable.

The goals for my car is to primarily learn to become a better mechanic, and build a reliable car with the primary focus on suspension. I'd also like to learn suspension tuning, I understand the theory but I haven't done enough racing to really put what I know to work.

I go drag racing, and to local auto-crosses. Hopefully if my suspension build works out well (crossing fingers), I'll get in some road racing and hpde events in 2009 and other local events. I'm not sure if I would consider myself to be active in motorsports. If I get licensed and I actually run or work in some sort of racing series, then I'll consider myself to be active in motorsports. Really, who the eff has time for that?

The 240sx is a capable platform, and but it's old and outdated. If you're willing to put in the time and most importantly the money, ofcourse it can become competent in whatever you race it in.
Old 01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member

no doubt brother.. that's a very well put description.

It is also the reason why i get angry when the first post of new members is..... "how much is an SR" and not "How much is a full energy bushing kit".

I tuned my 240 to be a very well rounded car and it performs well in Auto-x, drifting and drag with just alterations to PSI levels and slight camber adjustments. As you know it was daily driven with only 3 weeks of total downtime in 6 years. I have pushed this skyline to the limits with its 1200 dollar Kei Office suspension and it drives just like a s14 which is cool. However in its current condition ( less mods than my s-13) my S13 would run circles around it as i have not had the time to dail the skyline in.

PS

I miss the s-13 badly lol

Last edited by Biggamehit; 01-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.