Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

wow had my 240 for a whole 3 days!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 04:40 PM

Unhappy wow had my 240 for a whole 3 days!!!

man i work three jobs and go to high school work 25-30 hours a week and go to school for 40 parents are always pissed cuz i have a 3.75 gpa and not a 4.0..well i'll stop complaining and get to the story...well i just got my 1989 240 and i went with my friends after work to this local beach lot and i wanted to show them how i could drift and spin out and i did and there like awsome so they tried with there civic and camry and we were havin a blast when i take off for my last run and i hit about 80 flip the wheel over and pull the parking brake! sooo sic well i here my girl friends scream COPS and i was like greeeaaat and as i was spinning i see these lights. it was half way threw a 360 and after i spun completely around i stioll had some momentum and decided since i am screwd wtvr. i flored it once more and pulled the brake again and did a 180 and stopped facing the cops zooming after me.
those cop cars are fast the ran right up to me and got real pissed that i kept spinning after they came.
well all in all i got hit with recless driving and no insurance...my court day is in two months any ideas on what to do?

..oh and when one cop came up he was like what the...were you doing we were already watching...then the other cop came up and was like that was sic

oh and i brought a camera to film it all but the batteries were dead..man i wish i had the camera it woulda been sic

any one know what this is gunna cost?
i am only 17 dont have to much money and this is my first ticket
Old 03-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

What city/state are you in?

Sounds like your in deep sht, seriously.
Old 03-25-2004, 08:07 PM
PSM
*****istrator

Have a really good lawyer represent you. It may cost an arm and a leg but it might prevent you from getting your license suspended etc..
Old 03-25-2004, 08:26 PM

Yep, PSM and Jynx are right. If you dont have a good lawyer then you are ******!!! It will definetely cost a good chunk of change to get a good lawyer but its worth it. Judges frown on 17 year olds who get busted for reckless driving. Good luck dude, you may need it.
Old 03-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Exactly what the past 2 people said, get a lawyer asap!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:06 PM

ASAFP. I dont need to tell you what the f stands for.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:09 PM

I feel for you man, but that really is bad decision making. Its like selling crack in front of police station. There are always tons cops at ANY beach. GL man, sucks what happened to you, but be more mature about where and what you do with your car.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:01 AM

i am in cardiff/encinitas CA..its in san diego county..why do i need a lawyer ..shouldn't i just plead guilty or do i need a laywer even to plead guilty..?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by etchebarren72
i am in cardiff/encinitas CA..its in san diego county..why do i need a lawyer ..shouldn't i just plead guilty or do i need a laywer even to plead guilty..?
They will take you seriously if you have a lawyer and he/she will fight for you.
Old 03-27-2004, 08:48 PM

ok i got a laywer..she is gunna help me for free since i tutore her son so yeah for that much! she said she can cover me for having no insurance but as for the rectless driving she said will be tough to go anywhere with that
Old 03-27-2004, 08:59 PM

yeah my license has been on the line before as well, its also good to know a good lawyer that will hook u up and not charge u anything.
Old 03-28-2004, 10:38 PM

owwwwy. my friend got tagged with an 'exhibition driving' ticket the other day when he and I went drifting. it was 160 dollars or something, but he got it down to 110. still a LOT if you ask me. and then my smart *** brother almost asked the cop 'how is it exhibition driving, nobody is watching?'

that would have been funny. but the cop did ask my friend if he thought he was being cool, and friend said 'no, actually, that one kind of sucked. I've done better.' good luck with that though, cause I'm sure here in MN if you get any serious driving violation under age 18, you cant get your full license till you are 21 and you cant have any other violations in between times. its like a 5 year learners permit. hope thats not the case there!
Old 03-29-2004, 08:30 AM

I got stopped over by a high school in el cajon for comin around a turn squealin my tires, i just didnt give the cop any attitude and let him play his little power game for a little bit, i got off with a fix-it for my front plate, and not having my insurance with me,

but damn, how late were you out there? I was at mission at like midnite a few days ago, parking lot was still packed.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:10 AM

does any body have stats for those cop cars? just wondering...
Old 04-03-2004, 04:34 PM

I do... but I cant tell you

Quick Reply: wow had my 240 for a whole 3 days!!!