S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

got a 90 240sx but...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 06:17 PM

got a 90 240sx but...

I bought a sr20det to put in it, the motor will be here in two weeks. I have a t3/t4 to put on it but I don't know hardly anything about these motors. What can I expect out of this motor? I am shooting for low 12's in the quarter, I got a Jspec rearend for 500.00 to slap on when the motors in and done. I just went from front wheel drive turbo to rear wheel drive (soon to be turbo) Plus I have a e-manage to put on this car so tuning should be a breeze. I just want some realistic numbers for this motor. By the way out of curosity what does my car run with a cat back exhaust? I am a skilled driver as I have won a couple bracket races. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome

Not to sound like a dick or anything, but I wouldnt buy a car/engine if I didnt know what I was getting myself intoa nd what to expect. Just my 2 cents. What PSI are you going to be running, upgrading the fuel injectors?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:50 PM

I am familiar with turbo motors as my last car was a turbo running 15 lbs. On this car I was planning to max out the duty cycle of the injectors, I believe they are 370 cc injectors. I inmagine I will top out the injectors around 10-11 lbs of pressure before they need upgrading. If there are any quirks or things about this car that ya'll feel the need ti inform you of by all means let me know.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:45 PM

Originally posted by boostedfury
I bought a sr20det to put in it, the motor will be here in two weeks. I have a t3/t4 to put on it but I don't know hardly anything about these motors. What can I expect out of this motor? I am shooting for low 12's in the quarter, I got a Jspec rearend for 500.00 to slap on when the motors in and done. I just went from front wheel drive turbo to rear wheel drive (soon to be turbo) Plus I have a e-manage to put on this car so tuning should be a breeze. I just want some realistic numbers for this motor. By the way out of curosity what does my car run with a cat back exhaust? I am a skilled driver as I have won a couple bracket races. Thanks everyone.
Umm...well, bracket racing's coo, but it happens in a straight line. In RWD vehicles, the rear end moves around when you give it lots of gas or when it's wet. Well, on the bright side, you'll have muuuch better weight transfer. You should ask the performance or engine section as to what kind of times your setup should run. My best guess, and don't quote me at all or take my word as final, but your setup looks like a 14-13 second setup.

Don't run your injectors close or at max duty cycle unless you don't really care. Z32 300ZX fuel injectors fit. Exhaust and boost controller should bump up your times a little bit. If you're bracket racing all day, you might want to upgrade your intercooler at the same time.

Last edited by areitu; 04-02-2004 at 12:52 PM.