S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey all

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 04:19 PM
Contributing Member

Hey all

Hows all been going? Havent been here in quite a long time.
I am now in Panama, moved here from Florida for those who do not remember(if there are even any members around from over 2 years ago..LOL)

Looks like I will be picking up 240sx #5 next week. I needed another toy. It's Pig nose, coupe, 5-speed, welded diff, HUD & a few other things here & there.

Just trying to get reacquainted with the forums again. Searching the ENDLESS vendors for some good deals. Needs suspension REAL bad. Has this cheapass just sitting there rattling around fake coiover setup.

I'll have pics up next week.

Well, off to search & read about whats been happening & whats new. See you all around.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:44 PM

Welcome man. I can not wait to see pics
Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

I suppose I may get in "trouble" but oh well(supposed to be under wraps right now). I have done ALOT of work on this car myself, with the exception of final painting, because of a hand injury. The car had hit a pole head on at a pretty high speed. It then sat for a few years. The current owner brought it to me & I had it running that same day. It has been through ALOT. But surprisingly the frame is straight, & rust free. Overall it is in good shape.
I put many man hours into this car personally.

Here are some pics of the transformation.

I will be getting it without the rims it currently has. I will have the rims in the pics of me doing the bodywork & primer(I like these rims better anyway)

Old 01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

looking good man

what the plan for the power plant
Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

That is up in the air right now. Shipping things here is quite expensive, so I have to weight my options carefully. But for right now I am sticking with the E. It just popped 2 valves so they are getting replaced.

I am not going to be dumping a lot of cash into this car. Just enough to make it "fun".
I have learned that putting cash into a daily driver here is a complete waste of cash. If someone hits you, even if they are at fault, they do not have to pay. The courts do not make them pay right away. Once the first "session" is over & they are declared guilty. You have to get a lawyer. The police have to go WITH YOU to their house & serve them with papers. Then you have to go to court again so they can get their wages garnished, but when they make $400/month. You'd be lucky to get $10/month from them.

Having a nice car here SUCKS!!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Contributing Member

damn, that does suck. but holy **** man what the hell kind of red/lime green 2 tone paint job did that poor car used to have?
Old 01-24-2008, 05:29 PM

pignose yess. rather it be a fastback tho

just leave the really fun ones in florida so I can enjoy them when youre away
Old 01-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ryguy
damn, that does suck. but holy **** man what the hell kind of red/lime green 2 tone paint job did that poor car used to have?
LOL. It was originally brown from what I gathered. Then they painted it yellow, then red, then gray. The clear coat was a brushed on type of "min-wax" clear lacquer. It took two gallons of aircraft paint stripper(this is on top of what I could not peel off with my hands & about 100 sheets of sandpaper) & about 3 days to completely strip it down. I also measured 5 lbs of bondo I had taken off of it. In some places the paint was over 3/16" thick & the bondo on the right fender right behind the door was over 1/2" thick.
I believe the car once had fender flares on it. Judging by the holes that were around the fenders.

Spade, I love the fastbacks also. Had 3 of them, but being here I cannot risk an accident with all the glass above the rear passengers...mainly my son.