S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey all new to the scene

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
He plans on having sex with it . . .
yes i do....
Old 12-15-2008, 12:08 AM

The SR20 is the greatest motor ever made . . .I'm gonna put one in my Mustang . . .

LOL!

Okay, yeah I'm a bit of a jerk . . . yes, the SR20DET is turbo, so yeah, you can make some good power. Personally, I'm tired of the fanboyism that follows it which is why I always make comments such as the above when ever someone talks about that swap as if it's the holy grail of motoring.

That said, a lot can be done with that engine and with the right build and tuning you can make it very . . .very powerful. In the same respect, a good build and a turbo on a KA will yield better results simply due to the whole displacement thing.

-Dave
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 AM

The SR20 is the greatest motor ever made . . .I'm gonna put one in my Mustang . . .

LOL!

Okay, yeah I'm a bit of a jerk . . . yes, the SR20DET is turbo, so yeah, you can make some good power. Personally, I'm tired of the fanboyism that follows it which is why I always make comments such as the above when ever someone talks about that swap as if it's the holy grail of motoring.

That said, a lot can be done with that engine and with the right build and tuning you can make it very . . .very powerful. In the same respect, a good build and a turbo on a KA will yield better results simply due to the whole displacement thing.

-Dave

That said I am going to be doing a budget-ish KA-T build on Project:StreetSilvia so you while you are saving for a swap you will see the cost of the build for a KA-T and the power level I get. My goal is ~$2k to make 250whp. Basicly, I'm using my swap budget to rebuild and turbo the KA and try to get more power for less bank.

However if you want the SR, gor for it! That's what makes this hobby great, it is all about doing what YOU want, not what others tell you to do.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:00 AM

very true but also the sr motor is not legal in california is it?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:57 AM

Is anything fun with cars allowed in Cali? You can't turbo legally, you can't run certain headers with certain types of collectors, you can barely lower, raise, move, drive, park, steer, sit in your car without violating some ordinance. How in the world is our largest tuner market focused there?

-Dave
Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Thumbs down

Is anything fun with cars allowed in Cali? You can't turbo legally, you can't run certain headers with certain types of collectors, you can barely lower, raise, move, drive, park, steer, sit in your car without violating some ordinance. How in the world is our largest tuner market focused there?

-Dave

That response made me chuckle.

Though through the laughs it is all very true, california has raped us of any kind of fun.

IE -> Before I got into 240s I wanted to get myself an mr2 n/a and throw a turbo motor in that (illegal), or maybe just turbo the n/a motor (also illegal).

On top of that the emissions tests and cop BS we put up with is truely ridiculous.