S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hi....

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 12:29 PM

i brought it to the shop that just fixed it!!!!! They put in a new Fuel pump and a new MAF....I have to drop it off tomorrow and he will let me know whats wrong with it!!!!!! The car smells like gasoline when i run it!!!!! When i hit the gas it sounds like its miss firing.......if anyone feels like taking a stab at the problem be my guest......i will have pic of the car up by Friday!!! Just to give u an idea of what it looks like......it is a 1991 2 dr hatchback red, with black tints and white 17" rimz!!!!!! needz work but i love it!!!!! the interrior is mint except for the drivers seat!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by shroomz
i brought it to the shop that just fixed it!!!!! They put in a new Fuel pump and a new MAF....I have to drop it off tomorrow and he will let me know whats wrong with it!!!!!! The car smells like gasoline when i run it!!!!! When i hit the gas it sounds like its miss firing.......if anyone feels like taking a stab at the problem be my guest......i will have pic of the car up by Friday!!! Just to give u an idea of what it looks like......it is a 1991 2 dr hatchback red, with black tints and white 17" rimz!!!!!! needz work but i love it!!!!! the interrior is mint except for the drivers seat!!!!!
you are either really excited or you just really love exclamation points
Old 10-22-2007, 03:37 PM

-fuel filter, injectors, random vacuum line.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:27 PM

lol!!!!!!!!
^^^^
dont know why i use so many exlamations points. sry

not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol j/k
Old 10-23-2007, 10:58 AM

if you smell gasoline, check your fuel line hose on the fuel filter which is probably torn due to the motor mounts. 240's are known to do this.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:27 PM

^^^unless there's a puddle of gas under your car, no. Check all your vacuum lines. My guess is that, or your running on three/less cylinders. Pull your plug wires and see if it changes anything.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by clubredsilvia
^^^unless there's a puddle of gas under your car, no. Check all your vacuum lines. My guess is that, or your running on three/less cylinders. Pull your plug wires and see if it changes anything.
+1
changing your oil will not result in what you have. unless you used an engine flush and got all the build up off that was helping your engine keep compression.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:54 PM

it was a loose wire on the distributor cap!!!!!!! so therefore cuasing it to missfire....ummm it runs MINT now except for a small exhaust leak. But that comes all in time!
I will try and get u guys some nice pics tomorrow!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Contributing Member

Right on dude, are you gonna get a new exhaust or are you gonna get the one you have fixed?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Welcome to the forums!

Queens FTW! Saint Albans represent . . .GAWD I f'n hated being in NY!

LOL!

-Stig
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by clubredsilvia
Originally Posted by shroomz
it was a loose wire on the distributor cap!!!!!!! so therefore cuasing it to missfire....ummm it runs MINT now except for a small exhaust leak. But that comes all in time!
I will try and get u guys some nice pics tomorrow!!!
-haha i win!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:17 PM

lol.....thanks guyz... i dont know that much about 240's or cars for that much.