S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

NEW but not NEW

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:20 AM

NEW but not NEW

Ok for starters my name is mike spera I'm 25 and I live on long Island. Im married and a father of one. The reason reason I titled this thread new but not new is because I've been a member for a little while but when I signed up I was just looking for info. Sorry, but i was just way too into getting my car running, that I never really payed attention to some sections of the forum. It wasn't until i signed up for skylineownersusa.com that I noticed what these forums were really about. I like how everyone knows everyone and theres no unnecessary bashing, tons of great information and really smart people. I have been noticing a few familiar moderators between the 2 forums and I just wanted to say you guys are doing a great job. the attitudes and rules are all understandable and ill try to follow the guidlines but im warning everyone now im new to forums period and if I do something wrong let me know right away so it can be fixed, and with that said heres just a little bit about me you dont have to read it all but if you got the itch to read be my guest!

I do 90% of all work on my cars. I choose to keep it that way because when something goes wrong I have to depend on someone else to fix it. I don't like that. My first car was a hyundai accent. its was my first and i did every stupid thing you could do to that car. It had 95hp at the wheels with intake and exhaust my buddy dinoed it at school as a joke, yeah ha the joke was on me. Then i pretty much drove crap until i got a 95 mitsubishi eclipse gst. I did a few bolt ons to it, changed the turbo then warped the head and I've had nothing but problems with it since then. I broke the tranny twice so now thats fully built with a evo 3 1st and 2nd gear ratio, thats holdin up. I put a buschur built engine with the works and warped the second head and burnt 2 pistons and smoked the turbo, and thats where it sits now. I got so sick of that car real fast.

So i bought a 95 red zenki 240 with an sr swap and some other goodies like stance coil over suspension, apexi exhaust, you know little crap like that. Unfortunately the frame rails in the engine bay looked like an accordion. so I found a rolling chassis with no front end and no engine made two cars one. i found the whole front end on eBay for 1100 bucks and i kinda like the jdm kouki a lot so I was sold. When I got it everything was mint. I got it painted and I did it all with in 2 months by myself, but my 9 yo brother did help me drop the engine in while I jiggled the tranny. since the summer i built the car I've gone through 4 tranny's now on my 5th and I'm in the process of ordering a nismo 6 spd conversion because my back cant take swapping transmissions every weekend, I did it twice with in a week of each other thats not good ha ha, and I wasn't even beating on the car. But its ok its experience well learned.

I recently bought a 95 skyline gts25t but its kinda beaten up not as bad as the red 240 but its fixable. and i also have a 1935 ford sedan 2 door id like to but an rb26 in so I can drive it when ever. You say why not a v8 or something thats meant to be in it. Ill tell ya its real simple I'm not fond of V8s they have been crammed down my throat all of my life. I'm not nocking em and don't get me wrong they do have a great performance basis its just not my cup of tea. But that car is a long time project that I'm waiting to build till I get a decent facility to build it in. I built the 240 outside on my dirt driveway and on the pavement outside my house and it sucked the big cohuna. Well thats about the last 5 years wrapped up into this paragraph, I am willing to help anyone with anything, I do polish aluminum often, turbo housings valve covers etc. I sandblast and powder coat. Im a smelter of fine metals and one of my co workers does gold platings n such. I'm not pitching a business ad I just want people to know what I do and maybe one of you might need my assistance. My help is free! cool huh? well Ill leave everyone with a few pics and a simple thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.
Attached Thumbnails NEW but not NEW-sdc12190-1.jpg   NEW but not NEW-2.jpg   NEW but not NEW-5.jpg   NEW but not NEW-9.jpg   NEW but not NEW-l_2c8c254c69797fba1e878d4a471910aa.jpg  

Last edited by angrymonkeyS14; 03-13-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Just wanted to make it better.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:46 AM
Contributing Member

hey bro welcome!!!

Yea forums are awesome.. I am on LOots of them. All the ones drama filled I don't go to anymore. Thanks for signing up, I seen you on sousa, nice rides man.. start a build thread for both of them if you wish.

As far as rules..... Just using common sense goes far. No caps and double posting (double posting allowed in build thread )

I read all of you intro. to make it better for the eyes break it up into paragraphs of about 5 sentences. You are a user of the period so that's cool lol.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 03-13-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:45 AM

Awesome thanks for all the tips it will help keep me out of trouble. Yeah your one of the mods I recognize. Whats double posting BTW?
Old 03-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Double posting, whether accidental, incidental or just because you didn't feel like editing your last post, is making one post right after the other.

Welcome aboard, I'm going to have to grab a Michelob Ultra and read your first post . . .
Old 03-13-2010, 03:47 PM

Welcome dude, your post is too long for me to read, but still welcome
Old 03-13-2010, 07:04 PM

HA HA thanks and its cool you didn't read it. I just wanted to properly introduce myself so all the regulars knew who I was. And thanks usmcdrifter for the info!
Old 03-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Hey I read all of your post and you have been through allot with that gs-t haha. My friend had a '94 gs-t and had a bunch of issues with it also. Sometimes I guess you just get a bad apple huh? As for your skyline and your 240, they are very pretty haha . Good luck with your builds and fixing them up. I would love to here more about them.

My zenki front end is all messed up, basically it all needs to be replaced, I was going to go with the USDM kouki front but lately I have been thinking of S15 . Hope to read more about you cars soon and welcome to the board!
Old 03-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

gts25-t brother