S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

new owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 07:03 AM

Exclamation new owner

I just got 91' 240 sx.I dont really understand anything in mechanical/tuning aspects of cars,but probably someone can help me out.Right now my car is completely stock.It runs good and everything and i really love the car,but i would like to add a little bit more power to it.I'm kinda on a tight budget,so i cannot do expensive mods(turbos,engine swaps,etc....).Maybe in a future i will,but not now.What would you suggest i start with?thanx in advance for any help
Old 10-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Contributing Member

hey bro, welcome to the forums. Someone asked basically the same question not to long ago..search around the forums and u will find wut ur lookin for
Old 10-18-2003, 01:35 PM

I searched the posts,and by my undestanding,i should start with intake,exhsaust and suspension.I dont wanna a show car,and not a drag either.This is my first rear wheel drive,and i would love to learn drifting.So probably im gonna setup the car for that.What is a good intake,exhsaust makers?I mean i saw some intakes on ebay sell very cheap,but are they any good?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
Also i saw springs for cheap,but im kinda uncertain is it going to be the good stuff.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
What would you reccomend for me to search for?thanx
Old 10-18-2003, 02:38 PM

Welcome to the forums
Old 10-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by dvestisoroksx
I searched the posts,and by my undestanding,i should start with intake,exhsaust and suspension.I dont wanna a show car,and not a drag either.This is my first rear wheel drive,and i would love to learn drifting.So probably im gonna setup the car for that.What is a good intake,exhsaust makers?I mean i saw some intakes on ebay sell very cheap,but are they any good?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=38634
Also i saw springs for cheap,but im kinda uncertain is it going to be the good stuff.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33582
What would you reccomend for me to search for?thanx
first things first, welcome to the boards.

now, as far as ur question, both of those ebay items are pretty much crapola. for intakes, look into injen or aem. and springs? that's a little more involved. take a look in the tires/wheels/suspension threads and search around. it all depends on where u are w/performance driving experience and fundage. things to look for include (but are not limited to): sway bars, strut bars, springs, dampeners, pillow ball mounts, bushings, and a few others that i'm too inexperienced to think of at the moment. for exhaust, u could try researching apex, hks, blitz, and rs-r (for starters). anyway, i hope that points u in the right direction at least.
Old 10-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Save your money and watch the impulse purchases. Research and ask for help on parts by people that are running the parts.

All that is good comes to those that wait. Those that want it may have to gun for it.

MACHINE GUN HOOOO!
Old 10-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Contributing Member

You do not want to buy those off ebay, they are no name crap, you're better off saving your money. If you wanna go that way, you're better off putting a Filter (K&n, etc) on the end of the stock piping. Other than that, don't lower your car without getting new shocks, it's a bad idea.
I'd look into new plugs, 02 sensor, fuel filter and all the basic tune-up stuff, and see what you can afford from here.

Dr.