S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Nickmerrone's 91 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

hahah wigger , rap?

Na brother, we could'nt gather that much info from you. You are good man.

its just that seeing another 240sx "project car" fail is just not what other 240 owners want to see. I know its an exciting time and you got a damn good starter car bro.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM

So I called my car a POS, here is what it looked like.....

First pic is the car before I sold it, the second pic is of the car when I finished it the first time..
Attached Thumbnails Nickmerrone's 91 240sx-e5f56e49.jpg   Nickmerrone's 91 240sx-front_on.jpg  
Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
hahah wigger , rap?

Na brother, we could'nt gather that much info from you. You are good man.

its just that seeing another 240sx "project car" fail is just not what other 240 owners want to see. I know its an exciting time and you got a damn good starter car bro.

Yeah like to me a 240sx isn't just a car. Like i've wanted one for 2 years. And i finally got one. It may not be all turbo'd and all these nice parts but its something to call mine, and its going to be unique. I promise you guys. Whether its little mods, from painting something little, to putting alot of engine work in it. And you guys will here to help me through process. and yeah. I think i fit in here because i cant stand when i see a 4 door civic rockin hub caps from pepboys, a cheap exhaust that sounds terrible and some other ricey parts. Like I know you guys don't care but this one time i saw a dodge neon with like a muffler attached to the stock muffler and it hung out like a foot. it was rediculous. ahah

Originally Posted by Lord Umoja
So I called my car a POS, here is what it looked like.....

First pic is the car before I sold it, the second pic is of the car when I finished it the first time..
that things nice! ahah,

Last edited by Biggamehit; 01-26-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Nick i know your new bro....

on forums, posting right after a post is called "double posting"

This is only ok to do when you have a build thread ( a thread that is made for your cars progress) Please try to refain from double posting. I combined the others for you.

as far as ricers... I could careless about them lol. I just built my car to my liking and it turned out to not be rice, just a functional drift and auto-x based car lol.

also just do what you want bro... dont build your car to please anyone.... yea some people may not agree with your every move, but thats why its your car and not theirs.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 01-26-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:55 PM

also just do what you want bro... dont build your car to please anyone.... yea some people may not agree with your every move, but thats why its your car and not theirs.

+5000
if your car makes YOU say wow, then youv done it right
wether it be body work, paint, suspension work, engine work, ect ect..
an if it happens to make other ppl say wow as well then thats jus a bonus

its nice to see a young kid gettin into the scene the right way, and not try to act like he knows all right away

but i will warn you, once you get into this culture theres no escape, and its FAR from cheap

with that being said.... WELCOME!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

yea the 240 will own your soul... and you will be a virgin forever.

that's why I have her now in my skyline.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by fadedsilvia
+5000
if your car makes YOU say wow, then youv done it right
wether it be body work, paint, suspension work, engine work, ect ect..
an if it happens to make other ppl say wow as well then thats jus a bonus

its nice to see a young kid gettin into the scene the right way, and not try to act like he knows all right away

but i will warn you, once you get into this culture theres no escape, and its FAR from cheap

with that being said.... WELCOME!
Oh dude, I know its not cheap at all. haha. I'm gonna be living with my mom forever. hahahhaa. Yeah I'll be working with my dad in his shop all summer so hopefully i'll get a good amount of money. and like even if i dont get alot of money i still love it for the experience.

EDIT:also im not looking to be a virgin for ever...soo..the 240s going on craigslist! sorry! hahahahahaah just kidding.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:03 AM
Contributing Member

well you got a shop... not that its mandatory to have a cool car.. but you have a upper on alot of guys...
Old 01-27-2009, 04:08 AM

well you got a shop... not that its mandatory to have a cool car.. but you have a upper on alot of guys...
Yeah well i dont live with my dad. And I can't drive it down there. so they got a upper on me. :P
Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 AM

Manual swap FTW! I bought my 240 as a automatic and am converting it, not to hard either man especially since you have a shop that you could work at, it will make it alot easier to complete.

The wigger comment was funny, I think ricer now a days is more than 4 cylinders cruising around with pepboys stuff, I seriously think the deisel guys have takin over times one million, well atleast around here. I wouldn't be surprised if they dont come out with a fast and the furious with all deisels and country music.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Evans1109
Manual swap FTW! I bought my 240 as a automatic and am converting it, not to hard either man especially since you have a shop that you could work at, it will make it alot easier to complete.

The wigger comment was funny, I think ricer now a days is more than 4 cylinders cruising around with pepboys stuff, I seriously think the deisel guys have takin over times one million, well atleast around here. I wouldn't be surprised if they dont come out with a fast and the furious with all deisels and country music.
Hahah yeah. So the bad news is, the trans is leaking like hell. So I found a trans on craigslist for 100 bucks with no shifter, so ill grab that and a short throw shifter, clutch and stuff..I'll get this done before the exhuast and whatnot. But like im ridiculously broke right now So im trying to get these parts for the trans swap as cheap as possible.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 PM

100 buck is cheap as hell haha so since thats what ur goin for ur doin good
but id be a lil weary as to y its 100 bucks
is it manual or auto?

and about the diesels, in 2010 after tier 3 emissions comes out alot of diesels are gonna be kinda ****ty to mod, at least for 96 and up, cuz emissions testing an all will come into play(they havnt around here yet, for anything) but at 2010 emissions on on-highway diesel engines will be so strict that the exhaust will be cleaner than the air (or at least thats what there saying), caterpillar who i work for already has an engine thats close to that but there having so many problems with all the emissions crap, and the other auto manufacturers have new engines as well i belive ford dodge and chevy are all coming out with a half ton diesel(all v8's an all about the same) and i would imagine there gonna be having alot of problems with those as well
Old 01-28-2009, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by fadedsilvia
100 buck is cheap as hell haha so since thats what ur goin for ur doin good
but id be a lil weary as to y its 100 bucks
is it manual or auto?

and about the diesels, in 2010 after tier 3 emissions comes out alot of diesels are gonna be kinda ****ty to mod, at least for 96 and up, cuz emissions testing an all will come into play(they havnt around here yet, for anything) but at 2010 emissions on on-highway diesel engines will be so strict that the exhaust will be cleaner than the air (or at least thats what there saying), caterpillar who i work for already has an engine thats close to that but there having so many problems with all the emissions crap, and the other auto manufacturers have new engines as well i belive ford dodge and chevy are all coming out with a half ton diesel(all v8's an all about the same) and i would imagine there gonna be having alot of problems with those as well
All it is is a manual trans, Nothing else, no shifter or anything.
So i'll buy a short throw shifter and aftermarket clutch,flywheel, clutch plate and stuff.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by FuriousZ
would it be wrong to tell him to get headers -> test pipes - > then cat back?

That way the car will stay quieter and more civilized,
instead of loud exhaust?
in my experience a high-flow cat is quieter than a test pipe, and you can still pass emissions and save mother earth
Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

Lol, emissions testing
=)