S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Stang Banger researching for next project.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by NiSmO Knight
Welcome, majority of the real members here wont bash you one what kind of car you already have... take Stig for instance, we havent kicked him out just yet... I kid I kid.

As for what you're looking for, if you're really looking for 13 seconds... I'd consider a 2JZ-GTE (Supra) and do a big single turbo. That would rock anyone's shocks off.

But dont get me wrong, I know of a few SR's that are capable of those numbers too. Its just up to the person really.

The convertable thing, sounds nice. I'd like to see that personally.

Im sure you'll be able to find a chassis, but since the verts are rare, you might want to pick up what there is... hatch's and coupes are a dime a dozen really, but verts are rare and super sexy with a silvia front end with the square halogen lights, no projectors...
Thanks for the info! Thats a big help. I figured 13sec was aiming big, its been a LONG time since I worked on 4cyl cars and have to admit I've become a little jaded since the Mach ran a 12.93 with me behind the wheel and only an exhaust and tune. I just want something that registers as fun on the butt dyno and can royally beat up my friend's B16A1 powered CRX.

As for the body style, it all really comes down to what is available when I have the cash to start. I am leaning towards the Vert just becuase of the challenge of fabbing up the speedster cover, the supports for the body, and not to mention the fact of open air and the ease of stripping the interior before the paint.

I have done some research about motors, I was looking at the SR20DET but couldn't notice any major difference between a Red top and a 13-era Black top besides age. Any recomendations on this one given I'm building a street/back road car mainly? I'd perfer to stay with the SR. Putting in a 2JZGTE kinda brings up bad memories...I was in the market for a Supra before I bought the Mach, those cars are expensive.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help and the welcome response here. Im deffinately gonna stick around here.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Contributing Member

If you plan to beat up on the track during the dry seasons, black top is the way to go... The black top engine design was way better, and by far, the S13 black top is the toughest you can get out of the SR20 series.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 PM

Whats the difference? The internals made of different material or the coolant passages/internal structure different?
Old 08-06-2008, 02:58 PM

Well if you plan on doin the I D look alike there are 2 things that most ppl over look 1 the "silver" paint you think you are seein is a silver/green color you would have to see a stock s13 in person to know what im talkin about and 2 the motor from that car is a ca18det But just do the coupe with an sr20 and with the right parts and tune you will have more fun in that car then you would even know what to do with... We dont put all the money into the old *** nissan,s we drive for nuttin.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Lord Umoja
Whats the difference? The internals made of different material or the coolant passages/internal structure different?
The only way I can explain it, is that the blacktop S13 was built to handle a lot of abuse over the others.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jaescrub
Well if you plan on doin the I D look alike there are 2 things that most ppl over look 1 the "silver" paint you think you are seein is a silver/green color you would have to see a stock s13 in person to know what im talkin about and 2 the motor from that car is a ca18det But just do the coupe with an sr20 and with the right parts and tune you will have more fun in that car then you would even know what to do with... We dont put all the money into the old *** nissan,s we drive for nuttin.
I knew about the paint, it always seemed a "Mint" color to me. As for the motor I figured it was a differenct motor but I was planning on taking a few "Artistic Liberties".
Old 08-08-2008, 01:43 PM

Ya "mint" would be about the right word for it hahah my front end looked like that 2 tone "mint" and gunmetal till a tree fell on it in a ice storm..."Artistic Liberties". hahaha thats the best
Old 08-09-2008, 10:06 AM

Anyone have a PPG code or Nissan paint code for the colors in the two-tone job? It looked like a mint top and a black or dark grey bottom....