S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

What to buy, what to buy...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 05:41 PM

What to buy, what to buy...

Hey everyone. So obviously I'm new here, but also im new to 240sx's. I had always heard about them but never bothered to pay attention. So recently I've been researching them, and now I'm trying to make plans for one for me in the near future. I'm looking for something a little more fun to replace my stock 98 Integra GS-R. First of all, i would possibly be doing an sr20det swap, with the information i have up to this point. It seems like a good way to go to get some strong power out of it. Unless i can get good power out of the KA, which is actually ideal since it would be easier, and seems like it would be less costly. Maybe FI on the KA would be enough to please me? This will be a daily driver to start out with, but I'd like to at least hit near 300 HP, if that's possible for me, and from there it all suspension. Which has a stiffer chassis, or more potential to handle better? S13? S14? I didn't want to take the easy way out like all the n00bs and just ask "whats better? what would u do? whats this? whats that?" buuut i figured ONE little post cant hurt, riiight? i mean, that IS y we have a new members forum right? nice. so yeah! S13 or S14? KA24DE or sr20det? i wouldnt want to spend more than 8 on the car itself, especially if im gonna swap the sr20det, cuz thats another 3k(i think). so yeah price is important, but i also want to do it right. so yeah.. i need a basic plan in terms of year and engine(it'll be turbo'd no matter which road i take). suggestions/lectures r welcome = )