S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

what NOT to buy from ebay? need answers please

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 AM

what NOT to buy from ebay? need answers please

Alright all you professionals out there, can you help me on what parts are NOT good to buy from ebay
Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Contributing Member

everything.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by shaban
everything.
ROFL!

Actually, CX Racing has been stepping up their game BIG TIME. I'd run their products if I still had a 240 . . .

http://www.cxracing.com/

BWR (BlackWorks Racing) is also pretty reputable right now as well.

http://www.bwrusa.com/

The problem with eBay is, it's hard to tell what will work and what will just blow up in your face.

The problem with the internet is group hysteria sets in and you have a ton of sheep with no sheep dogs. Everyone is so into hearsay without testing things that they'll just recite, almost verbatim, what others have said about a product without hearing, seeing or testing the products for themselves. The best way to know what will work and what won't is to try it. The safest way is to stick with name brand, and that's where people get scared

You have pioneers, of course, there was a guy featured in Grassroots Motorsports magazine with a 91 Miata that ran all eBay parts save for his roll cage and ran, and won, a few Club Racing events without any failures to report. Basically, it's tuning and modding, have fun, spend money, make mistakes, have some victories, either way, tell us the stories.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributing Member

i wouldn't buy anything that my life would depend on the integrity of that particular product.

with that said, i must point out something i said in every ebay thread. ebay is a market place, to ask what you should avoid on ebay is like asking what you should not buy from walmart. a better question would be, "is XXXX brand any good, and if so can i find it on ebay?", or something to that affect.

i buy many things though ebay, but from jegs or summit. sometimes it's just to boost my rating, and others it's becuase it's cheaper to buy through ebay than from jegs or summits own site. every now and then if it's something like aluminum tubing for intakes i'll go with whoever is cheaper. i know that other than a minor fitment issue, there really isn't anything to worry about.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:48 PM

Fitment is always the issue I see with ebay, so whatever you buy make sure you can MAKE it fit
Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

agreed with Jram... ebay is just a store front.... ebay doesn't have bad fitment.. company xyz has bad fitment.

I have bought many OE/aftermarket things from ebay and had no issues. just know what you are buying.

ps

read feedback before you even think about buying.. people don't lie when they are pissed off.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 AM

Am I the only one who noticed his use of the word "professionals"? LOL! I love it, because I swear, when it comes to eBay, everyone thinks they're an expert . . .I like this dude.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Am I the only one who noticed his use of the word "professionals"?
i didn't notice it, the giant picture in his sig was obstructing my view.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:44 AM

Well played senor . . ..
Old 01-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Am I the only one who noticed his use of the word "professionals"? LOL! I love it, because I swear, when it comes to eBay, everyone thinks they're an expert . . .I like this dude.
thanks man haah