For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.

Possible TRADE: My 96 SE S14 for your S13??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 06:00 AM

Possible TRADE: My 96 SE S14 for your S13??

I'm thinking about trading my S14 for either a clean S13 or for a nice reliable daily driver. I've put a TON of work into this car and while it is very nice, its not exactly what I want. I much prefer the S13, and while this is a nice car it is not the finished car that I need to get to work.

The car is a 96 SE, color is "mediterranean blue," kinda a purpleish blue. Apparantly its a very rare (and highly desired by some) OEM Nissan color for this year S14. The car was originally an auto, was swapped to 5 speed. Currently the miles on the chassis is about 130k. Mileage on the new rebuilt motor is about 50 miles . The rebuild included new rings, bearings, valve guides + seals, a fresh deck of both the head and block, all new gaskets/freeze plugs of course and the block was painted black. I assembled the motor myself, but I had the machine shop do all the bearings and ring gaps. The car has lots of new parts. A short list includes (and Im sure Ill miss some but) new starter, new alternator, brand new BRM 2.25" aluminised single tip exhaust, custom made one-piece aluminum driveshaft from CIP motorsports, brand new tires on all 4 corners, new spark plugs, wires, cap, rotor, replaced sunroof, new 5 speed shifter trim + boot, OEM 96 5-speed ECU, replaced carpeting, new ignition cyl with keys. Like I said I'm sure theres more but I cant remember it all.

That brings us to the bad. I'm going to be perfectly honest with you guys, despite all the work I've done, the car still needs some smoothing out. The subframe bushings are worn and will need to be replaced or you can use the billet collars from SPL (they sell for $75 and are an easy install). The idle is a little bit lopey, it fluctulates between about 500 and 1200. I beleive this is a timing problem or it could have to do with the gas thats been sitting in the car for approx 6 months. The car has never been in an accident, but the body does have a fair amount of small dings and dents. Nothing large at all though. Lastly, the speed sensor on the tranny needs to be replaced with one for this model S14. The current one reads on the speedo, it just reads much higher than it should. I've unplugged it because I was actually hitting the speed cut much earlier than I should be. With the sensor plugged in, the engine throws NO codes.

Here are a few photos of the car:

If it looks familiar, thats because this is the car Thong was selling on here about 2 months ago. I bought it from him, rebuilt the motor and put it back together.

What I want:

I'm still not completely sure that I want to trade this car. What I'd really like is a VERY clean S13. Something with low miles, no rust, and everything working. I want a 91-93 (DOHC) car, and it needs to be a SE model hatch (no coupes). 5 speed is a big plus but not required as I can always swap. If someone has everything I want in a S13 I would consider a direct trade (no cash) for my S14.

Car is located in Middletown, CT. While the car drives fine, I would need you to come to me for the trade, or I might consider meeting somewhere if the deal is sweet.

Anyone interested, heres how to contact me:

Post here
Email: fiznat@gmail.com
AIM: foosternit
Phone: 860 575 3200
Old 03-30-2006, 07:26 AM

Lots of people requested interior pics. Here they are:

Name:  inside2.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  92.4 KB

Contact info is above!
Old 03-30-2006, 05:56 PM

if u were to sell it, how much?
Old 03-30-2006, 08:51 PM

Like I said in the thread I'm not really looking to sell because I need a car.

I would consider selling it though, if I got a good offer. Make me one and we can talk.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:15 PM

Car is sold!

Thanks and apologies to everyone else who was interested!