For Sale - Wanting To Buy (WTB) Or Trade (WTT) Looking for a particular product? This is where to post it.

Trade? Your 240sx plus cash for my modified 300zx tt

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 09:27 PM

Trade? Your 240sx plus cash for my modified 300zx tt

Hi all, i am interested in possibly trading my 1991 pearl white 300zx tt with 84k miles for a 240sx in good shape plus cash. Preferably i'd like the 240 to have an SR, KA, or RB turbo engine although i would consider non-turbos as well. No twin turbos please, they cost too much to maintain. If i wanted a tt, i'd keep the Z :-) I am looking to do this some time between one to two months from now.

Right now my car needs new turbos, so they are going to be replaced and several parts (including the turbos) will be upgraded during this job. This is why i need to wait a month before i'm ready to do the trade.

When it's finished, at a minimum it would have new Garrett T28 turbos, G Dupree split downpipes, RPS lightweight flywheel and 6 puck max series clutch, a front-mounted intercooler with appropriate intake to fit with it, a tuned ECU (probably AshSpec), HKS type-0 turbo timer and probably a hicas eliminator. These parts will all be new. I think i will set the car to run at 14 lb of boost, but not sure yet. If i go with 14 pounds, i'd expect it to be just slightly under 400rwhp. It will keep its stock look and be a total sleeper. When all is done, this job alone will cost about $5000-6000 (depending on details yet to be worked out). I may very well wind up doing some more mods than what's listed.

Ideally, i'd like to get a 95+ 240sx or a pre-95 hatchback only, either way in nice condition inside and not too flashy of an exterior (although some body kits are ok). Black is best, but that's totally flexible. Manual trans. is a MUST, and mechanically the car should be in good shape and need little if anything. No incomplete projects please. I don't want to spend much time going through mods with the 240 like i'm doing with the Z. I don't want anything slammed too low, or anything that is set up as a hardcore drift car (gutted, etc.) All work should be professional quality and not messy.

I owe money on my 300zx and i'd like to pay it off so i'm not interested in any even trades. Let me know what you have, how much you have in mind to pay/trade for the Z, and we'll go from there. I would strongly prefer that you're within a reasonable driving distance of NJ, zip 07052 to make things simpler.

My email is thi.samsara@gmail.com.

I know it's early, but working out a trade could take some time anyway, so i just thought i'd put this out there and see what kind of interest there is. Thanks.