Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

best intake?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 02:58 PM

best intake?

i know intakes are different for every car.. which intake gets the best results for 240s? anyone know?
Old 06-01-2003, 03:31 PM
Contributing Member

For a SOHC, I'd go with a Hotshot or Injen.
Old 06-01-2003, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

id say Injen.
Old 06-01-2003, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Relocate the battery to the rear, and do a custom intake that goes straight thru base of where the battery use to be... loud, but u get more cold air that way... it dun collect as much heat as it normally does goin over the raidiator...

WARNING!!! this custom piping is FRIGGIN LOUD!!!!... but u get major cold air!
Old 06-01-2003, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

will the loudness get u pulled over or get annoyin?
Old 06-01-2003, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

well, if u floor it, any intake will get u pulled over (personal experience there... ) but from wut I heard, its almost as short as a short-ram intake and everyone should know how loud a short-ram intake sounds when u rev... but on the website my friend showed me, they said it was loud and it did have a warning saying that it was LOUD....

come to think of it... I wanna try it before I do a swap...
Old 06-01-2003, 08:35 PM
Contributing Member

haha, i wanna hear it..hmm ill probaly get my friend to do it when he gets his swap done
Old 06-01-2003, 10:57 PM

I have an aem short ram in mine.... and I love it! I don't know for sure which short ram intake makes the most power... but I know that aem's cold air makes the most power. Anyway I have never gone with any other company when it comes to intakes... because aem = quality, good sound, good power, and good looks! Can't go wrong with aem.-

ps- it may be a little bit more money... but like mom always says, you get what you pay for!
Old 06-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 180sx
I have an aem short ram in mine.... and I love it! I don't know for sure which short ram intake makes the most power... but I know that aem's cold air makes the most power. Anyway I have never gone with any other company when it comes to intakes... because aem = quality, good sound, good power, and good looks! Can't go wrong with aem.-

ps- it may be a little bit more money... but like mom always says, you get what you pay for!
true, AEM is the best, but doing a custom intake and painting it w/ thermal paint makes it jus as good as AEM (personal experience) air flow is jus as smooth, if not better, and it does the same against heat with the thermal paint (aint it called ceramic paint?) I wish I saved the website that teaches u how to do the intake... JC Whitney sells the piping too already mandrel bent into a U shape.

Otherwise, any custom muffler shop should be able to bend the piping for ya.... it shouldnt be more than 40 or 50 bux to get the full custom mandrel bent intake... should be an easy job for em to do... all u need to do afterwards is paint it in and out with thermal paint and get the rubber sleeves and K&N filter....

sleeves should be about 3 or 4 bux each at Home Depot (get the black ones, thick and it takes the heat)

K&N, ya'll should know where to go for em

but piping... if u guys want, I can go get it dun for a KA24DE dohc

dunno if I have anyone round here with SOHC KA24E

Last edited by NiSmO Knight; 06-01-2003 at 11:23 PM.
Old 06-02-2003, 12:11 AM
Contributing Member

wut bout a blitz air filter?
Old 06-02-2003, 08:46 AM

I LOVE my AEM short-ram. The polished piping looks fantastic, the filter does a damn good job, and it sounds absolutely amazing about 4k.

I highly, highly advocate this intake.

Old 06-02-2003, 05:22 PM

hmm.. now i was readin in Import Tuner and they said that Injen intake gets more horses, while AEM gets more torque.. isnt torque a lil more important? although i must say my first pick would be Injen even tho its like 100 bucks more.. ;x
Old 06-02-2003, 05:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by rycegrl
hmm.. now i was readin in Import Tuner and they said that Injen intake gets more horses, while AEM gets more torque.. isnt torque a lil more important? although i must say my first pick would be Injen even tho its like 100 bucks more.. ;x
is that for the 240sx? if so wut year?
Old 06-02-2003, 05:48 PM
Wes

OK, this is just my opinion and I might be wrong... but isn't an intake an intake an intake? It's just a pipe. I'd think that the filter and placement of the filter (for cooler air) would make the most difference.
Old 06-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Wes
OK, this is just my opinion and I might be wrong... but isn't an intake an intake an intake? It's just a pipe. I'd think that the filter and placement of the filter (for cooler air) would make the most difference.
kinda true, doesnt the size of the pipin matter also? and sum intakes have differnt locations..am i right?

Quick Reply: best intake?