Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

CUSCO front STB

Old 12-11-2002, 12:40 PM

CUSCO front STB

Yup, i just installed my new CUSCO front strut tower. 1st off i have to give thanks to JSPEC.com for hooking me up real nice style The install took about 10 mins in 23* weather, it as f*ckin freezing out lol. Anyways... i def. notice the front end is a tad stiffer and it takes those hard turns a little better... however the *** end feels like rubber and tends to slip a little sooner than when the front was like rubber too. Im probably going to go with a CUSCO rear stb in a couple of days to see what i can do... ill post some pics asap. o yeah and the mounts on the stuts are a real kinky blue metallic color! dresses up the engine nice for all you ricers out there! LOL J/P peace fellas!
Old 12-23-2002, 05:09 PM

yeah, i'm going for an ebay 14 $ strut tower bar, it can't hurt. But i'm going to get the full set. Front back strut tower bars, and the rear lower tie. 50 bucks on ebay.

Oh yeah. But you like it and you think it was worth it, i know the back and would feel pretty loose but with the rear strut tower bar it should be nice and stable, post a reply when you get the rear put in.

Kam

Old 12-25-2002, 10:44 PM
Regulate

I have a 20 dollar strut bar off ebay. It's definitely not going to be as stiff as a CUSCO, but the body stiffness and handling improvment is still Very noticable.

I only have a front, but yeah, I'd like to hear your comments after you get the rear one in.
Old 12-27-2002, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

i've heard horror stories about cheap strut bars actually breaking and pushing through the hood
Old 12-27-2002, 06:42 PM

wat....i in stalled the f+r cusco strut bars....damn was the handing changed....took corners much better....very very very noticeable...worth the $$$ definetly
Old 12-27-2002, 10:50 PM
Regulate

Originally posted by spitz7985
i've heard horror stories about cheap strut bars actually breaking and pushing through the hood
Old 12-29-2002, 03:29 PM

Good to know that I have to keep an eye out for it. Thanks for the info. well if it goes through the hood I'll have to buy a new carbon fiber hood. I'll let you guys know how it goes when I install it. Could you please let me know more about the strut bars going through the hood and why did that happen. Thank you all for your replies and let me know about any new info. I think I'll take the risk and install the strut bars.I'll let you know how cheap strut tower bars on e-bay work out.

Thanks
Kam
Old 01-01-2003, 05:30 PM
Regulate

I talked to my friend about the snapping strut bar topic and did a little thinking and came up with the conclusion that unless you are autocrossing or something, you don't have to worry about the strut bar snapping and going through the hood.

You would seriously need to put a LOT of stress and load on a bar to make it snap in such a way as to go through your hood. This means that your chassis would be doing some serious flexing to snap the bar like that. Plus, the material used for the strut bars (usually aluminum?) have yielding properties, so it would bend first before snapping.

If you were going to put your car under that much stress, you better not be settling for a cheap strut bar anyways.
Old 01-15-2003, 05:25 PM

I have Jic-magic front and rear strut tower bars! they are awsome but very exspensive! $274 for the rear and $170 for the Front that is list cost. But i got both front and rear for way cheaper than that so i was happy! I want to get me some cusco front and rear sway bars thats would be great!

peter
Old 02-11-2003, 04:39 PM

can anyone post links with prices of their strut bars so i can compare? i think im going to go ghetto ebay style on this one