Service, Parts & Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Vendors can also use this forum to make product announcements and post review/results from thier product.

Emergency!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2004, 12:07 AM

Emergency!

Damn i i had to watch my car go home on a tow truck this evening and damn i feel like shi*, n-e ways yea my clutch blew out i suppose, the guy says it looks like my slave cylinder...I dunno all i really know is that my car is gonna be gone for a while and i just got my kyb's and tein s.tech's on and was gonna equip my car tommorow with a new sound system...well, oh yea i have a question about clutches. What are the different types of clutches i heard theres like stage 1 2, and 3 but is it possible to equip like a high perfomrance clutch into a SOHC ka24e engine? or does it have to be like a weaker clutch? If ya can help me out and let me know many thanks in advance. Now im gonna cry myself to sleep j/k.

Dante
Old 07-14-2004, 01:19 PM

the different stage clutches are for more performance cars i'm guessing your motor is prity stock so u dont need a high performance clutch... the high performance ones are for cars that have high hp and torque. if i were u i'd go w/ a oem or a slightly better one cause if i were u i'd spend the money of footwork like strut bars or control arms somthing that would actually improve the handleing of the car. 2 help me more what are u planing 2 do w/ it? but yea go w/ something slightly better cause i'm guessing u care more about sounds and style than racing?
Old 07-16-2004, 01:03 AM

yea had a talk with a friend he saying the same thing, naaa im more into driving and just having fun without all the chrome and shi*. Im into making look clean and perform like a beast well to me that is. I have my struts, shocks, and speakers chilling in my room, its just my car needs a new clutch but thanks again for the advice, im thinking of getting a clutch that stronger thatn a standard oem clutch cause damn that oem clutch lasted for 14 years so it has to be good Does anyone recomend a certain type or brand of clutch? let me know thatnks in advance

Dante
Old 07-17-2004, 07:24 AM

know any OEM non-high preformance clutches. I am terrible @ searching. Looks like i might need to get one soon too. wanna do it b4 it gets blown.
Old 07-17-2004, 09:39 AM

my friend got a new stock clutch off of ebay for his CRX for like $90 and then we went on a little road trip to pick it up. For an upgrade you could check out ACT
Old 07-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Sirikool
know any OEM non-high preformance clutches. I am terrible @ searching. Looks like i might need to get one soon too. wanna do it b4 it gets blown.
Exedy stage 1 is good for the price
Old 07-19-2004, 01:54 PM

yea my crx is exedy stage 1 equipped and i like it, but not been driven a whole lot but for the price i'd say its a great investment. by the way, i got mine of ebay so check there i guess just be careful.