S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Service, Parts & Tuning Review (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/)
-   -   INJEN air intake... (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/service-parts-tuning-review-50/injen-air-intake-17336/)

hitokiri_808 11-19-2004 10:50 PM

a pipe with a larger diameter would lower velocity. air flows slower through a large pipe, and faster through a small pipe to move the same amount of air.

i was just about to say the throttle body is 69mm but i scrolled down on the page and found conflicting info again... :(
http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...ttle+body+size

69mm = 2.7"

i'll just measure it on monday since i was going to clean it anyway.

cougar10ag 11-20-2004 02:58 PM

well yeah whoops. forgot that. unless your boosting.

well the pipes like i said are tuned to the engine. so it is larger than stock but not too big and smoother so it flows better.

4984 5fsdskfvjdsntr4 11-20-2004 06:09 PM

ok, i had a ka24E (now swaped out)

And to tell the truth the injen intake wasn't worth the money.
The Filter isn't anything special. I can find a better K&N at pepboys.
The piping is smoother cause its round and mandrel bent but i didn't get anypower from it honestly. If u find an adapter and fit a K&N it will be just as good maybe better.
Also the AIV u can either get rid off the whole assembly or use a small filter on the line(the kind ppl use for valve covers)

DaPCWiz 11-25-2004 04:42 PM

hmmmm so is it really worth it to get 3" AEM over a 2.5" generic ebay if I plan to do a I/H/E setup?

I've definately decided against injen.... I ain't paying $200+ for an intake...

hitokiri_808 11-30-2004 11:23 PM

you can always cut the bottom out of the air box and get a rectangular k&n filter. only cost would be the filter and i think its cheaper than the cones.

well i measured the tb. but i forgot what it was. :angry: think it was around 2 5/8" so the same as what was in my last post.

catchup 12-13-2004 06:45 PM

Like what one of the previous posts, What do you do with the air flow sensor meter?:rolleyes:

Has any actually used the smaller piping and put a name-brand filter on the tubing, and could you notice the difference, if any?:dunno: :rolleyes:

DaPCWiz 12-13-2004 07:07 PM

bah, I bought an injen... got it for $130, haha. I'll be putting it in when my car comes back from the body shop. :D

tryiian 12-20-2004 01:17 AM

i`m runnin a full injen cai on an obd1 s14 ka. as a short ram only, it made a great sound but didnt seem to do much for the power. Add on the extension, though and it throws you back into the seat startin at 3k. winter makes it even better, the car runs with the temp gauge so low it worries me, but the car pulled 130 pretty strongly more than once in the past few days. strange though, how every time it went past 120 it would do the governor "bump" at 115 after that.
btw, that`s with just ngk wires and bosch plugs. no mods elsewise, though i`m gonna do some fluid changes and other engine maintenance this week.

ArticDragon 12-20-2004 03:17 PM

Haha, that'w why us S13 guys have it swell. We can run short ram and ram air it with sleepy eyes and vented lamp cover :-D Cold air galor.

DaPCWiz 12-20-2004 03:57 PM

Originally posted by tryiian
i`m runnin a full injen cai on an obd1 s14 ka. as a short ram only, it made a great sound but didnt seem to do much for the power. Add on the extension, though and it throws you back into the seat startin at 3k. winter makes it even better, the car runs with the temp gauge so low it worries me, but the car pulled 130 pretty strongly more than once in the past few days. strange though, how every time it went past 120 it would do the governor "bump" at 115 after that.
btw, that`s with just ngk wires and bosch plugs. no mods elsewise, though i`m gonna do some fluid changes and other engine maintenance this week.

hmmm don't u have any worries about water with the extention?

Jebman 12-29-2004 01:34 AM

I'm sure this is going to get me cyber-b****slapped for being such a retard newb, but isn't your 240s stock intake better than an aftermarket shortram? On my ka24e (and on every de i've seen) there is another plastic pipe leaving the airbox and heading south, just like a cold air extension on that Injen I've been eyeing. Also, as long as you're hitting me and making fun, I guess I should keep newbing it up with my other silly question: Does the Injen cold air extension for the ka24de fit the e? It's listed for every year 240 on the Injen site except 89-90.
Please don't baby-powder me, and if there are any kind souls left out there, thanks for your help in advance.

ArticDragon 12-29-2004 12:15 PM

That extension leads to an enclosed plastic box and it's purpose is basically to quiet the intake. So no, stock is not better.

cougar10ag 12-29-2004 11:44 PM

if it has an intake resonator all it does is add restriction. stock intake pipe isn't straight as possible and smooth. it's made to be quiet. so a larger aftermarket is better if your motor breathes better.

although some cars do have optimal power with the stock box. example. the integra type r, engine left stock you will lose power going from the stock intake to an aftermarket, unless it's a top of the line $500 intake, like the J's racing or Mugen, i think those are the only two intakes that increase power over the ITR stock intake. even then it's minimal. some cars are just designed sooo well.

RealDS13 12-30-2004 01:06 PM

Maybe it isn't worth it but heres a few things i noticed about it...

(keep in mind i drive with a ka24e engine)
- I have an exhaust system and with the intake on it made it sound alot cleaner and smoother..instead of a dirty noisy loud it's a clean smooth kinda loud sound

- In 5th gear it seemed to increase my torque a little bit it feels like it still pulls more than usual.

- A clean shiny black injen air intake looks so sexy under the hood.

thats about all i really noticed about it. I hope it helps:)

ArticDragon 12-30-2004 02:10 PM

You should be able to feel it in all the gears since it affects the engine and not the tranny.